Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Help needed For aero.msstyles tweak

27 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
Help needed For aero.msstyles tweak

Hello, I am trying to change the HDD status bar (Blue & Red) in windows 7 ultimate, I am using Restorator 2007 to change the image #659 in the aero.msstyles from blue to another clour....but even using many different ways to change it. the end result is a window classic theme when i reboot the system. Please help me...IF some one can provide a step by step method to do it, would a nice help... Thanks in advance

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gaurav29sharma View Post
Hello, I am trying to change the HDD status bar (Blue & Red) in windows 7 ultimate, I am using Restorator 2007 to change the image #659 in the aero.msstyles from blue to another clour....but even using many different ways to change it. the end result is a window classic theme when i reboot the system. Please help me...IF some one can provide a step by step method to do it, would a nice help... Thanks in advance
I think you would need something like this
UxStyle - no more patching.
or the uxtheme patcher

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gaurav29sharma View Post
Hello, I am trying to change the HDD status bar (Blue & Red) in windows 7 ultimate, I am using Restorator 2007 to change the image #659 in the aero.msstyles from blue to another clour....but even using many different ways to change it. the end result is a window classic theme when i reboot the system. Please help me...IF some one can provide a step by step method to do it, would a nice help... Thanks in advance
I think you would need something like this
UxStyle - no more patching.
or the uxtheme patcher

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
Thanks for reply .....buddy but actually I want to do customization on my own...that is manually...So it will be helpful if anyone can help me in doing this...plz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Those programs allow you to patch the theme files needed to customize a msstyle. So without doing that first, you can not apply any custom msstyle.

So that is basicly Step One.

Everyone who is running custom themes used these same or similar patchers. No one manually patches the theme files anymore.

If you really want to do it on your own, then you need to google "patching theme files" or something like that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blizarro View Post
Those programs allow you to patch the theme files needed to customize a msstyle. So without doing that first, you can not apply any custom msstyle.

So that is basicly Step One.

Everyone who is running custom themes used these same or similar patchers. No one manually patches the theme files anymore.

If you really want to do it on your own, then you need to google "patching theme files" or something like that.
Thank you very much..... now every thing is solved....just one thing more....does this application produces any harm to system??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gaurav29sharma View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Blizarro View Post
Those programs allow you to patch the theme files needed to customize a msstyle. So without doing that first, you can not apply any custom msstyle.

So that is basicly Step One.

Everyone who is running custom themes used these same or similar patchers. No one manually patches the theme files anymore.

If you really want to do it on your own, then you need to google "patching theme files" or something like that.
Thank you very much..... now every thing is solved....just one thing more....does this application produces any harm to system??
No, neither one mentioned will do harm. UxStyle uses a process to accomplish what it does. The theme patcher if I'm not mistaken makes a backup of the file that it replaces and allows you to restore it back. Presently, I'm using the UxStyle Core which has one process running which weighs in at about 340K in memory. Very light considering what it does.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help needed For aero.msstyles tweak





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Help needed For aero.msstyles tweak
Thread Forum
Missing images in Aero.msstyles Customization
enabling aero.. help needed plz Customization
Renaming Downloaded Msstyles Themes and Styles
images in aero.msstyles Customization
location of progressbars in msstyles Customization
Intel GMA950 aero glitches, help needed Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33