Long time XP user here, just switched to 7 64 bit a few months ago. I've poked around, changing things to suit me, but there are still a few things left to figure out...I'll number the questions to make it easier to respond to them.
1. Blackbox and 7 do not seem to get along. Windows key still activates start menu instead of blackbox menu, among other things. Anyone have experience trying to run BBlean specifically on Windows 7 64 bit?
2. Back and forward buttons. My mouse has them, and my keyboard has an alt key and arrow keys in case my mouse stops working. Don't need those back and forward buttons in explorer, but can't figure out how to get rid of them either. Reshack maybe?
3. I have a windows key and d and m buttons, don't need the show desktop button on the taskbar. Any way to remove it?
4. Is there any program like Stylebuilder was for XP, for the new styles? Or do I need to reshack bitmaps to make my own visual style in 7?
5. For start menu items that have a submenu, is it possible to disable the submenu and have it act like a normal icon? Like when you have a browser pinned to the start menu and it has recently opened web pages etc.
6. How to disable the mouse over preview of items on the taskbar?
7. How to enable windows NT style login screen?
8. How can I remove the organize / include in library toolbar in explorer?
9. In the save file dialog, how can I customize the items on the left-hand pane? Previously in XP TweakUI enabled one to do this. If it's not possible to remove the entire bar, can I remove individual items like help and view options that are not needed?
10. More of a general question and less of a customization question....when searching can you type something like "*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.psd" to search for multiple image formats? I tried and it doesn't seem to work any more, only worked for me if I typed "*.jpg" and left out the other extensions.