Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do you change the highlight color?


30 Mar 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home (64bit)
 
 
How do you change the highlight color?

This is a specific highlight question, so some explanation is needed.

When you have 7-8 windows open you will see the multiple icons at the bottom representing them. The window you are currently using has a small shade of white on it. I want to change the color of that highlight. Does anyone know how? I looked in the advanced appearance settings, but I didn't see it, though I did play around with it a bunch.

for those interested, I usually have several spread sheets open at once with similar names, and it is a hassle for me to select another window down below only to find it you already have it selected. Small issue I know, but hey it's my windows, and I want the customization.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Mar 2011   #2
Microsoft MVP

Vista and now 7 in 32 and 64 bit.
 
 

You would like to have each spreadsheet as a different icon background? I agree, it can get confusing, but I don't think you will be able to achieve that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home (64bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by davehc View Post
You would like to have each spreadsheet as a different icon background? I agree, it can get confusing, but I don't think you will be able to achieve that.
Look at the icons in the pic, notice that the "How do you change" icon is highlighted white, I want to make that white a different color, not every icon different, just the active one.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Mar 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

If you are using the default aero theme I can change that for you.
If you are using a custom theme you will need to ask the
theme maker. It's not cool to change someone else work.
&
You will need to do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes for it to work.
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
Or
Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
I can make it a solid color or transparent color or I can tone down the white that's there now.
Let me know.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home (64bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
If you are using the default aero theme I can change that for you.
If you are using a custom theme you will need to ask the
theme maker. It's not cool to change someone else work.
&
You will need to do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes for it to work.
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
Or
Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
I can make it a solid color or transparent color or I can tone down the white that's there now.
Let me know.
Jerry
All I did to get my colors was go to Personalize, no one else custom work involved.

I would be very grateful if you could make the active bar dark transparent green, so I can make everything else a shade of blue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2011   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StupidDude View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
If you are using the default aero theme I can change that for you.
If you are using a custom theme you will need to ask the
theme maker. It's not cool to change someone else work.
&
You will need to do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes for it to work.
Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7
Or
Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
I can make it a solid color or transparent color or I can tone down the white that's there now.
Let me know.
Jerry
All I did to get my colors was go to Personalize, no one else custom work involved.

I would be very grateful if you could make the active bar dark transparent green, so I can make everything else a shade of blue.
OK give me a little bit of time (about an hour)and I will be back with it.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2011   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Here you go download and open the zip folder and open the folder inside of it and put the two in the screenshot in C/Windows/Resources/Themes
It will show up in the Personalization as GreenButton.
Make sure you did one of them 2 guides for it to work.
If the color is not right or if it's too transparent or not enough let me know and I will change it.
Jerry


Attached Thumbnails
How do you change the highlight color?-greenbutton.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GreenButton.zip (883.5 KB, 78 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home (64bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Here you go download and open the zip folder and open the folder inside of it and put the two in the screenshot in C/Windows/Resources/Themes
It will show up in the Personalization as GreenButton.
Make sure you did one of them 2 guides for it to work.
If the color is not right or if it's too transparent or not enough let me know and I will change it.
Jerry

Thankyou. A question though, how do you learn how to do these things?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2011   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StupidDude View Post
Thankyou. A question though, how do you learn how to do these things?
Your Welcome
Most people use one of these two Ave's Windows7 Style Builder or Restorator - Bome Software - Restorator - the resource editor for customization, localization, and translation.
, I used the first one Windows Style Builder then you have to get a copy of the aero folder and use something like Photoshop or gimp or paint to edit the images. If you decide to start making themes there are lots of people that will help you get started.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2011   #10

windows ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Here you go download and open the zip folder and open the folder inside of it and put the two in the screenshot in C/Windows/Resources/Themes
It will show up in the Personalization as GreenButton.
Make sure you did one of them 2 guides for it to work.
If the color is not right or if it's too transparent or not enough let me know and I will change it.
Jerry
dude sorry for quoting u but i have a question.... what you did to change it all to black like this image of yours :O i want to do that T.T pls tell me

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do you change the highlight color?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How do you change the highlight color?
Thread Forum
How to Change This Blue Highlight ? Music, Pictures & Video
Solved Highlight Color Microsoft Office
How to change Icon highlight color? Customization
How to change MS 2010 Highlight color? Microsoft Office
Taskbar highlight color Customization
Help me disable the taskbar button color highlight "feature". Customization
Changing Highlight Color Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33