Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Left-handed cursors?


05 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7-RC
 
 
Left-handed cursors?

Is there a way I can switch the cursors to the left?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jul 2009   #2
Cam

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by winsev View Post
Is there a way I can switch the cursors to the left?
Right Click on Desktop>Personalization>Change Mouse Pointers>Buttons>Switch Primary and Secondary Buttons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7, of course.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Right Click on Desktop>Personalization>Change Mouse Pointers>Buttons>Switch Primary and Secondary Buttons.
I think all he meant was is there a way for the cursor on the screen to point to the right instead of to the left all the time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

I think he meant the cursor itself, not the buttons.

I will look into it for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Okay no clue, sorry. Good luck finding out how to do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #6

Windows 7 Build 7600.16385 (Clean Install)
 
 

If you want to do it use a piece of software like ArtCursors - Windows cursor editor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #7

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Not sure if it would viably work within windows itself, as every selection rectangle etc would be out by the width of your arrow cursor.

How an icon is drawn in a 32x32 square, the arrow cursors are typically drawn in their square with the left-hand straight side being flush against the left side of their square. I don't know the reasoning for this action, but it seems to be a typical going on.

Hope that makes sense what I've just said!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2009   #8

7264x64/7260x86
 
 

Turn your monitor upside down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2009   #9
bum

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
Not sure if it would viably work within windows itself, as every selection rectangle etc would be out by the width of your arrow cursor.

How an icon is drawn in a 32x32 square, the arrow cursors are typically drawn in their square with the left-hand straight side being flush against the left side of their square. I don't know the reasoning for this action, but it seems to be a typical going on.

Hope that makes sense what I've just said!
With MicroAngelo, you can choose any pixel within the square to be the point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2009   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
Turn your monitor upside down.
Thats actually pretty funny....but on topic I have never thought about that probably because I am right handed but if you wanted to do it I would be intrigued on how you managed to accomplished it....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Left-handed cursors?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Left-handed cursors?
Thread Forum
How Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages Security News
Razer delivers DeathAdder mouse for left-handed gamers Hardware & Devices
Any ideas for a good left handed mouse? Hardware & Devices
Mouse settings for left-handed user Customization
Are you left handed? Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33