Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to create a windows xp toolbar and start menu

14 Aug 2011   #1
Hacker12

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
How to create a windows xp toolbar and start menu

Yo guys ive always wondered how to create a windows xp toolbar start menu (Well maybe style too) anyways if anybody knows how you can tell me or give me a video on how to.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Aug 2011   #2
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Download Windows XP Theme for Windows 7

I'm not sure you can use it with premium though you may require pro or better. I'm not a customization expert...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2011   #3
Comp Cmndo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

It's not a 1 or 2 click change as in WinXP, but it can be done. Right-click globe in lower left corner of taskbar, select properties, Start Menu tab, customize. Most everything is there. Right click desktop, select Personalize, select Windows Classic Theme. It took me a day or 2 to find everything, once you've get it the way you like it, save it as a Theme.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Aug 2011   #4
Hacker12

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Download Windows XP Theme for Windows 7

I'm not sure you can use it with premium though you may require pro or better. I'm not a customization expert...
I dont trust luna.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2011   #5
Hacker12

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Comp Cmndo View Post
It's not a 1 or 2 click change as in WinXP, but it can be done. Right-click globe in lower left corner of taskbar, select properties, Start Menu tab, customize. Most everything is there. Right click desktop, select Personalize, select Windows Classic Theme. It took me a day or 2 to find everything, once you've get it the way you like it, save it as a Theme.
I hate classic, I just want XP, And in customize give me a howto on setting up a windows XP Start menu, I dont need a windows XP taskbar anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2011   #6
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hacker12 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Download Windows XP Theme for Windows 7

I'm not sure you can use it with premium though you may require pro or better. I'm not a customization expert...
I dont trust luna.
That's fine, sadly it's the only offering I could find.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2011   #7
Hacker12

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hacker12 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Download Windows XP Theme for Windows 7

I'm not sure you can use it with premium though you may require pro or better. I'm not a customization expert...
I dont trust luna.
That's fine, sadly it's the only offering I could find.
Ok but if you still wanna search into this search google, I already did and i didnt get anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2011   #8
Warlockz

7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Here are some

Free
Classic Shell Brings the XP Start Menu to Windows 7

$Paid$
Classic Start Menu with Aero for Windows 7

OR

How to enable classic start menu in Windows 7 without any software? - Jkwebtalks

Their are probably more, Just Google " how to enable classic start menu in windows 7 " or "classic start menu in windows 7 " or " classic start menu for windows 7 "you can select images so you can see pics of what they look like in your search also.

.................................................................................................... .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2011   #9
Hacker12

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warlockz View Post
Here are some

Free
Classic Shell Brings the XP Start Menu to Windows 7

$Paid$
Classic Start Menu with Aero for Windows 7

OR

How to enable classic start menu in Windows 7 without any software? - Jkwebtalks

Their are probably more, Just Google " how to enable classic start menu in windows 7 " or "classic start menu in windows 7 " or " classic start menu for windows 7 "you can select images so you can see pics of what they look like in your search also.

.................................................................................................... .
I think you should pay attention to the thread name bc i wanted XP not CLASSIC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2011   #10
Ivo

Windows 7 Home 64, Vista Ultimate 64
 
 

With regards to Vista/Windows7, XP is considered "classic".
If you look at the Classic Shell gallery you will see that it can actually make a XP-style toolbar in Explorer and XP-style start menu.
BTW, if you don't want "classic" and you don't like "luna", then it is really unclear what is it you want. XP can only do "classic" and "luna".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to create a windows xp toolbar and start menu




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can I Create Submenus In The Start Menu?
I want to create submenus in the LEFT panel in the Start Menu, but pinning a folder just creates a shortcut to explorer....I am willing to download first-or-third-party software to do this. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Many thanks,
Customization
Start Menu Properties Shortcut - Create
How to Create a Start Menu Properties Shortcut in Windows 7 and Vista This will show you how to download or create a Start Menu Properties shortcut in Windows 7 and Vista. You can also Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use. EXAMPLE:...
Tutorials
How to create my own folder links in the Start Menu
On the right hand side you have buttons (User, Pictures, Music, Video,etc) that I don't want/use. Would like to change some of these for my needs. Played around with it a bit but without luck. How do I do this?
Customization
Create Folder in Start menu
Hey Guys, Just would like to know if it's possible to create a Folder in the Startmenu like XP could. I was looking everywhere and I couldn't find anything how to create a folder in the startmenu. Thanks in Advance.
Customization
Classic Start Menu and Toolbar
How sweet it is! :D I agree with the following thread. Download the utility from the original source. http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ Enjoy!
Customization
toolbar to replace classic start menu
I miss the classic start menu so have created a new toolbar to sit next to the start menu. In the screenshot you see the number "1", that's because I created a new toolbar and named it "1". I would prefer that "1" to be a blank, but cannot figure out how to do it. If you unselect "show...
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App