Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer stuck on Windows 7 Basic Colors


06 Nov 2011   #1

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Computer stuck on Windows 7 Basic Colors

Hi i have a fairly new laptop with windows 7 (i can't remember which version), and i was wondering how to change the colors, if that makes sense. The laptop came installed with some default color scheme which i liked, but when i tried to watch a movie with Windows Media center it changed it to "windows 7 basic". it does this every time i use the program, but until now it has all ways automatically changed back. any advice would be appreciated.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Nov 2011   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by veemon1002 View Post
Hi i have a fairly new laptop with windows 7 (i can't remember which version), and i was wondering how to change the colors, if that makes sense. The laptop came installed with some default color scheme which i liked, but when i tried to watch a movie with Windows Media center it changed it to "windows 7 basic". it does this every time i use the program, but until now it has all ways automatically changed back. any advice would be appreciated.
Can we get your system specs so we know what hardware you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

yah, but i can't remember them, is there some program/command that you want me to use?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Nov 2011   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by veemon1002 View Post
yah, but i can't remember them, is there some program/command that you want me to use?
This will help you get your system specs.
System Info - See Your System Specs
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

never mind, the colors eventually reset automatically thanks for the help though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2011   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by veemon1002 View Post
never mind, the colors eventually reset automatically thanks for the help though.

Glad you are working
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer stuck on Windows 7 Basic Colors




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Computer stuck on Windows 7 Basic Colors
Thread Forum
Solved Windows Aero themes are stuck on Windows Basic Themes and Styles
Sony Vaio VPCSA Graphics Card Problem. Stuck in Basic + Other Issues Graphic Cards
Solved Computer stuck 13 of 17 Windows updates Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Why my PC stuck at the basic Windows 7 theme? (Aero Problems) General Discussion
Windows 7 Stuck on Basic. Help Please. Customization
Solved Stuck on Windows 7 basic theme Customization
change colors for the compatibility basic theme? Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33