Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom made icons [1]

28 Nov 2011   #141
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
It's actually some time since I created the basic image and I think I actually did that in Inkscape but there is a a filter called Metalize which does a similar job. It is in a plugin pack which you can get here. dpy's Pack - Paint.NET Forum
Thank you! I had Madjik's, Pyrochild's, and Boltbait's plugins, I missed this one.
I need to smooth it but I think I can bend it to my will. An experiment:
Custom made icons [1]-test-text.png




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2011   #142
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
It's actually some time since I created the basic image and I think I actually did that in Inkscape but there is a a filter called Metalize which does a similar job. It is in a plugin pack which you can get here. dpy's Pack - Paint.NET Forum
Thank you! I had Madjik's, Pyrochild's, and Boltbait's plugins, I missed this one.
I need to smooth it but I think I can bend it to my will. An experiment:
Attachment 185809
That's good. Its a bit more difficult to use that the one in Inkscape. All you need there is some black text and it does it all for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #143
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
That's good. Its a bit more difficult to use that the one in Inkscape. All you need there is some black text and it does it all for you.
Just DL'd Inkscape and will give it a try. I see it is vector-based like Corel Draw.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2011   #144
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
That's good. Its a bit more difficult to use that the one in Inkscape. All you need there is some black text and it does it all for you.
Just DL'd Inkscape and will give it a try. I see it is vector-based like Corel Draw.
Yes it is. For some things that can be simpler. The effect I used is Filters->Non Realistic 3D Shaders->Chrome
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2011   #145
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Guys. An artist does original work. A mechanic assembles work done by others. I am a mechanic. Take my latest sig. The only original work by me is the text and the border.
Well, nice wrenching Keith

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #146
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Guys. An artist does original work. A mechanic assembles work done by others. I am a mechanic. Take my latest sig. The only original work by me is the text and the border.
Well, nice wrenching Keith

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #147
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Yes it works. It runs ver-r-r-r-r-y slow and freezes though. how is it for you Keith?
Custom made icons [1]-test.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #148
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

I just installed the latest version and it does seem very slow. Perhaps I'll revert.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2011   #149
kado897

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

I've gone back to the previous version. It's definitely faster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #150
Thorsen

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

Very nice work everyone!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Custom made icons [1]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom made country flag orbs/icons.
As I was making an orb for my signature, I realised that some of you might actually also like an orb or icon of your country. I probably have most countries in the world's flags, so if you want an orb or icon then post your requests here (icon/png/jpeg) and I will do one for you....no problem! :) ...
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159965-custom-made-sig-avatar-6-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [6]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/128170-custom-made-sig-avatar-5-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [5]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/101050-custom-made-sig-avatar-4-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [3]
(Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/27697-custom-made-sig-avatar-continued.html ) You Want Custom made signature or an avatar? Then me or another one of our artists here at Sevenforums will make one on your requests you tell us how it should look like, and we will try...
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar
You Want Custom made sig or an avatar? Then me or TheBull will make one on your request's you tell us how it should look like, and We will try to make it :) For "Custom Made Wallpapers"(Made by Me And TheBull) visit this thread: ...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App