Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need help on changing two background pictures on Win7


05 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Need help on changing two background pictures on Win7

Hi,

I have two pictures that I use for my desktop background which I set to change every 12 hours; I do this via the Personalization > Desktop Background (Slide Show). As far as I can tell, it changes my background at 1pm and 1am everyday. But what I want to do is to choose the time it changes, e.g., 8pm and 8am. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2011   #2
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Make the first setup at 8AM or 8PM. Then if you select a 12 hour cycle it should do what you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Make the first setup at 8AM or 8PM. Then if you select a 12 hour cycle it should do what you want.
That's what I thought (and tried) at first -- I change it at about 8pm, but as far as I can tell it doesn't work. I've tried it on a different computer as well and it also changes at 1pm/1am.

Unless I'm doing something wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Dec 2011   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Hmm, that is a real bummer. Did not know that it resets the time. I change my desktop pics every 30 minutes - and I am not too partiticular on what shows up when. I use larger picture folders.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Hmm, that is a real bummer. Did not know that it resets the time. I change my desktop pics every 30 minutes - and I am not too partiticular on what shows up when. I use larger picture folders.
It seems like it could be changed by editing a system file or the registry, but I wouldn't know where to begin!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2011   #6
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

You are in good company. I would not know either. Sorry. Maybe some other member knows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Thanks anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #8

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Somehow, I kind of remember this issue last year but the search did not find anything, or I just can't remember how it was worded to search for it correctly. If memory serves me: I think you have to go to the GUI settings when the time is 8am or 8pm and get ready to make the changes. Before you do delete LastTickHigh and LastTickLow from the registry then make your changes and it will change at 8am and 8pm??? I hope I remember that correctly. -WS

Reg key is at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Somehow, I kind of remember this issue last year but the search did not find anything, or I just can't remember how it was worded to search for it correctly. If memory serves me: I think you have to go to the GUI settings when the time is 8am or 8pm and get ready to make the changes. Before you do delete LastTickHigh and LastTickLow from the registry then make your changes and it will change at 8am and 8pm??? I hope I remember that correctly. -WS

Reg key is at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow
I'll give it a try soon and let you know how it goes -- though I'll have to wait at least 12 hours after I make the changes before I can report back!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi guys, I currently dual screen with a Samsung 24" as a main and use a Samsung 42" as my second for TV. I am very into wallpapers and have my wallpapers set to change every 60 seconds. The best way to change wallpapers that I have found for people dualscreening is to use a program called Display Fusion. You can set where the photos are selected from and the interval for switching wallpapers. You can also set hotkeys to change the current wallpapers right away if they don't fit your mood. Hope this helps.

http://www.displayfusion.com/

J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need help on changing two background pictures on Win7




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33