Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Set a screensaver as a wallpaper


10 Aug 2009   #11

 

I just realized - why is this in the Virtualization forum?

I am moving it now....

moved here


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Aug 2009   #12

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
I just realized - why is this in the Virtualization forum?

I am moving it now....

moved here
Sorry about that but i thought it fix in Virtualization more the Customization
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2009   #13

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
Sorry about that but i thought it fix in Virtualization more the Customization
How so...this is customizing the desktop to use a Dreamscene type thing...right?

Post 1850!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Aug 2009   #14

 

I tried that screensaver trick a few years ago in XP. I tried it again today in 7. It crapped out my system the same way both times, but today I did not have to reboot.

Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee turning on the TV and seeing "I Love Lucy" and saying, "Yeah, that's what I saw..."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #15

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
just open a command prompt and paste in "mystify.scr /p65552" without the speach-marks.
you don't even need that app.
Just tried this way again and it seems not to work for both screen (if you have daul screens)

The app does do both
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #16

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
Just tried this way again and it seems not to work for both screen (if you have daul screens)

The app does do both
That's because dual screen is a different code..
try "mystify.scr /p65788"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #17

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
That's because dual screen is a different code..
try "mystify.scr /p65788"
That one done nothing at all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #18

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
That one done nothing at all
LOL!

Plugged in another monitor just to try this, its now deffo this one, "mystify.scr /p65802".. tried and tested.

the code above that didn't work was found by me creating an app that sent the command-line to the titlebar on it when it ran. I then renamed the app to .scr and ran it from the app you linked to to get the codes it was sending lol!
The app must detect how many monitors and then sends different codes depending.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2009   #19

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Generator View Post
LOL!

Plugged in another monitor just to try this, its now deffo this one, "mystify.scr /p65802".. tried and tested.

the code above that didn't work was found by me creating an app that sent the command-line to the titlebar on it when it ran. I then renamed the app to .scr and ran it from the app you linked to to get the codes it was sending lol!
The app must detect how many monitors and then sends different codes depending.
glad it worked for you but its still not doing anymore for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Set a screensaver as a wallpaper




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Set a screensaver as a wallpaper
Thread Forum
which are you favorite screensaver ,outside the w7 bundle screensaver? General Discussion
wallpaper/screensaver no changes seen Customization
ScreenSaver Customization
Screensaver General Discussion
Security Essentials Screensaver Scans Your Computer on Screensaver Act System Security
WMC7 ScreenSaver as default Windows screensaver Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33