Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Change Background Colour of Start menu

14 Aug 2009   #1
borrowjack

Windows 7 ultimate
 
 
Change Background Colour of Start menu

Hey,

ive got one simple Question, i was watching for a solution, but couldnt find any helpfully to solve my request.

I want to change the Color of the start menu or set an picture in it. For Vista you could change this in a file buy using hexeditor ( gosh dont know the exact instruction to do this). In Windows 7 it seems that MS changed this. Is there somebody who has tryed to change this?

I will send a picture too, so you can see and understand what im talking about. I know my english is bad ( sry for this)

http://www.pictureupload.de/original..._StartMenu.jpg

Thank you in advance for informations
Regards,
Borrowjack


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borrowjack View Post
Hey,

ive got one simple Question, i was watching for a solution, but couldnt find any helpfully to solve my request.

I want to change the Color of the start menu or set an picture in it. For Vista you could change this in a file buy using hexeditor ( gosh dont know the exact instruction to do this). In Windows 7 it seems that MS changed this. Is there somebody who has tryed to change this?

I will send a picture too, so you can see and understand what im talking about. I know my english is bad ( sry for this)

http://www.pictureupload.de/original..._StartMenu.jpg

Thank you in advance for informations
Regards,
Borrowjack
Do you mean the windows 7 start (spinning colors) or the log-on screen?
If logon screen there is a tutorial for it at Log On Screen - Change


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #3
Sassa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Do you mean the windows 7 start (spinning colors) or the log-on screen?
If logon screen there is a tutorial for it at Log On Screen - Change


Ken
He want to change color or put picture on start menu only, as I understand...
I think that he can't do this anymore...
You zigzag???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Aug 2009   #4
borrowjack

Windows 7 ultimate
 
 

@Zigzag

Neither, i mean only the start menu ( see my picture).

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
He want to change color or put picture on start menu only, as I understand...
I think that he can't do this anymore...
You zigzag???
Yes Sassa, i mean only the start menu ( the white background ) In the Picture i uploaded you can see this. What do you mean with " he cant do this anymore..."? For now i just changed the Color of the Taskbar.

Regards,
Borrowjack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #5
Sassa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by borrowjack View Post
@Zigzag

Neither, i mean only the start menu ( see my picture).



Yes Sassa, i mean only the start menu ( the white background ) In the Picture i uploaded you can see this. What do you mean with " he cant do this anymore..."? For now i just changed the Color of the Taskbar.

Regards,
Borrowjack
If you change Windows color scheme, start menu color is changed too, and you already knew that...
I understand that you want to create custom color for your start menu recent programs pane only...
Is that it???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #6
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Guten Tag, Borrowjack und Willkommen in SevenForums.

You can not change the background color of the recent programs list (the left side of your start menu) without using third party applications. I've seen it done with WindowBlinds.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
He want to change color or put picture on start menu only, as I understand...
I think that he can't do this anymore...
You zigzag???
Not sure. search changing start up background here at SF. there was a thread

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #8
Sassa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Guten Tag, Borrowjack und Willkommen in SevenForums.

You can not change the background color of the recent programs list (the left side of your start menu) without using third party applications. I've seen it done with WindowBlinds.

Kari
I don't like to use third party applications...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #9
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
I don't like to use third party applications...
Me neither. That's why I had to write "I've seen it", because I have never used it.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #10
borrowjack

Windows 7 ultimate
 
 

@Kari
Danke =),

@zigzag

allready found this topic, but my Request dont matches with the solution which is given there.

@all
the statement of Kari is exactly my problem, i was trying to explain to you
Ok, seems that windowsblind isnt working on Win7 for now.But buying a programm just for a picture in the start menu isnt the best way, i think...
So no picture for the startmenu =)
I thank you for the quick replies.

Regards,
Borrowjack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Change Background Colour of Start menu




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do I change the start menu background to an image?
I have seen this done before, you know the default white space where programs come up from the search box, I want to make that an image of my choice. Thanks everyone!
Customization
How do I change the colour of the search bar in the start menu?
I've been looking all over the internet, but I couldnt find a solution. I don't know if it are my websearching skills or that there's just nothing out there, but I'd really like to know how to change the colour of the search bar in the Start Menu. I'd also like to know how to change the color...
Themes and Styles
Cannot change background from solid colour
After downloading and installing NVIDIA driver 280.26, my desktop background changed to a solid black. Now I cannot change it to anything other than a solid colour. If I try, it'll just change back. I did a System Restore to before the driver was installed leading me to think that it wasn't...
Customization
How to change RightClick Menu Background Colour
How to change RightClick Menu Background Colour Is it Possibe to Change (Windows7,32-Bit) Waiting for reply...
Customization
Change Start Menu Background on Basic
Hi All I've various post for doing this on Aero Themes. But as i can't use Aero due to mirroring drives. I wanted to how i do this on Basic. A step by Step guide would be handy Cheers.
Customization
Change image background for start menu ?
I want to change background for start menu, with white background is bored. But when i open aero.msstyles>>image, it have too many file and i don't know what file is background image of start menu. Anyone can tell me how to change that ? Thanks in advanced!
Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App