Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: screensaver idea


15 Aug 2009   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 
screensaver idea

is it possible to make this into a screensaver?
http://3l3373.com/fla/cod6_countdown.swf


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2009   #2

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

You can try converting it into a .scr and then adding it into
C:\Windows\System32
Then just go to Control panel and change the screensaver like normal

(not tested) but should work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maverick2009 View Post
is it possible to make this into a screensaver?
http://3l3373.com/fla/cod6_countdown.swf

Im thinking you want the countdown running in the screensaver. It would use up a bunch of resources. We could tell you more if you told us abt your computer specs.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Aug 2009   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
You can try converting it into a .scr and then adding it into
C:\Windows\System32
Then just go to Control panel and change the screensaver like normal

(not tested) but should work
how do you change it to a .scr file?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maverick2009 View Post
how do you change it to a .scr file?
I need to work out a way to download the .swf file from that site first

Will try work it out and i will get back to you if i work it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maverick2009 View Post
how do you change it to a .scr file?
You could start here:
convert swf to scr - Google Search

I am playing with a couple of apps I found to do a conversion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

my specs
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory:3072MB RAM
Hard Drive:320 GB x2
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Monitor:NEC 1940CX
Sound Card:Creative SB X-Fi Fatality
Speakers/Headphones:Logitech X-540 5.1
Keyboard:Logitech G15
Mouse:Logitech MX518
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard:MSI
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #8

Windows 7 RC build 7100x64 // 7260x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maverick2009 View Post
my specs
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory:3072MB RAM
Hard Drive:320 GB x2
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Monitor:NEC 1940CX
Sound Card:Creative SB X-Fi Fatality
Speakers/Headphones:Logitech X-540 5.1
Keyboard:Logitech G15
Mouse:Logitech MX518
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard:MSI
Now you are member could you please also fill out system specs

Found here


Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ballistyx View Post
Now you are member could you please also fill out system specs

Found here


Thanks
no prob! done
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #10

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

It dont work btw because I just tried converting it, the countdown thinks the time is already up when it's converted into a .scr.

screensaver idea-cod6_scr.jpg

EDIT: that's with using 'InstantStorm' to convert it to scr btw, it may work if you can get it to load a web-page as a scr with it embeded maybe.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 screensaver idea




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: screensaver idea
Thread Forum
which are you favorite screensaver ,outside the w7 bundle screensaver? General Discussion
Solved No idea Hardware & Devices
Idea's General Discussion
Please Help. i have no idea what to do General Discussion
Any idea how she did this or to fix it. System Security
Security Essentials Screensaver Scans Your Computer on Screensaver Act System Security
WMC7 ScreenSaver as default Windows screensaver Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33