Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I change the Aero glass look?

29 Jan 2012   #21
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

If I get it right you want the stripes back (screenshot)?
Jerry
How do I change the Aero glass look?-tb.png




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Jan 2012   #22
acer3

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
If I get it right you want the stripes back (screenshot)?
Jerry
Attachment 195662
Well, I want to change it, but I want it back first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2012   #23
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

You will need these back (screenshot)
Jerry
How do I change the Aero glass look?-restorator-2007-cusersjerrydesktopaero.msstyles.png

How do I change the Aero glass look?-arrowdown.pngIt's hard to see but here they are belowHow do I change the Aero glass look?-arrowdown.png


Attached Thumbnails
How do I change the Aero glass look?-dwmwindow_reflectionsimage.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jan 2012   #24
emaraszek

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rigz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emaraszek View Post
Oh, you want to make your own theme? I thought you were simply looking to apply a custom theme. Unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to make one of my own but the one I use is called Clearscreen Sharp. I got it off of DeviantArt about a year ago.

There are a lot of custom themes out there that you can apply once you patch the appropriate files. Here's a screenshot of my setup:







love your desktop mate.
Thanks! It's just the clearscreen sharp theme from DeviantArt and a heavilly customized version of the Omnimo rainmeter theme
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #25
acer3

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
You will need these back (screenshot)
Jerry
Attachment 195672

Attachment 195676It's hard to see but here they are belowAttachment 195676
Oh, okay, so I get it now. The shine on the windows while on aero peak and the shine on the taskbar are connected. Thanks! I've managed to fix it. By the way, Do you know the exact size of the shine on the stream and the size for the taskbar?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #26
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acer3 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
You will need these back (screenshot)
Jerry
Attachment 195672

Attachment 195676It's hard to see but here they are belowAttachment 195676
Oh, okay, so I get it now. The shine on the windows while on aero peak and the shine on the taskbar are connected. Thanks! I've managed to fix it. By the way, Do you know the exact size of the shine on the stream and the size for the taskbar?
The shine size is shine 802x604 I posted it up a few posts. Do you want the size of the taskbar or the size of the shine on the taskbar? If it's the size of the shine I do not know, looking at Windows Style Builder it looks like it will be close to 802x151 you may have to play with that size to get it right.
I put a image where that shine is that with Windows style builder to show you what that image does it basically just sets in one spot as you can see I lined up a bunch of Windows and you can see the image in the frame if you move a window that image does not go with the window you will see what's on the left or the right of the image, if I have confused you let me know.
Jerry


Attached Thumbnails
How do I change the Aero glass look?-hhhh.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #27
acer3

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acer3 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
You will need these back (screenshot)
Jerry
Attachment 195672

Attachment 195676It's hard to see but here they are belowAttachment 195676
Oh, okay, so I get it now. The shine on the windows while on aero peak and the shine on the taskbar are connected. Thanks! I've managed to fix it. By the way, Do you know the exact size of the shine on the stream and the size for the taskbar?
The shine size is shine 802x604 I posted it up a few posts. Do you want the size of the taskbar or the size of the shine on the taskbar? If it's the size of the shine I do not know, looking at Windows Style Builder it looks like it will be close to 802x151 you may have to play with that size to get it right.
I put a image where that shine is that with Windows style builder to show you what that image does it basically just sets in one spot as you can see I lined up a bunch of Windows and you can see the image in the frame if you move a window that image does not go with the window you will see what's on the left or the right of the image, if I have confused you let me know.
Jerry
Okay, I understand, I'll just play with it until I get the right size. Thanks for all the help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #28
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

You're welcome comeback if you need more help
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I change the Aero glass look?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
[Q] Change the aero glass background
How can I change the aero glass background? If you can tell me a method that can be applied without changing themes, Please do!
Themes and Styles
Aero without glass
Forgive me, I am a noob and this is my first post: I have Aero. I like the features it gives me, especially like the Win-tab navigation functions. I can live with some of the other things it forced me to do. But I have an issue with vision' being very sensitive to reflection. And it seems that...
Customization
aero glass problems
I'm having trouble getting aero glass to work in the start menu and taskbar.. it works fine in windows borders however it refuses to work in the start menu/taskbar, which are just a solid shade of gray / dark gray respectively (however the border around the start menu is transparent...) The...
General Discussion
How Do You Change The Aero Glass Background in Windows 7?
Hi all I'm new to the forum, I've been searching everywhere for a means to change the aero glass background like what I saw on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JjPLr9Z9VQ&annotation_id=annotation_660905&feature=iv for Vista and on deviantart where there was this really cool Victorian...
Customization
Aero and Glass effect
My aero seems to be bugged. I know it can't be a problem with my graphics card because aero works fine, usually when i modify the graphics driver (re-installing it, updating it) until i reboot my computer. When I turn my computer back on, the task bar just ends up looking a dull blue/grey colour...
Customization
Change how the "Aero Glass" looks
I would like to request - either a tutorial or for someone to just do it - a way to change the "glass" from the frankly ugly glossy look to a more matte look. I had a custom theme on Vista that pulled this off deliciously, and I cannot stand looking at the gross, glossy look characteristic of...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App