Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S
Hmm, it should work. I have a Radeon 9600 with only 64mb of ram and a Windows Experience index of only 1.6 and it works for me. The first boot after installation it didn't work. I was in the process of finding an ATI driver
when Windows update popped up with it's ATI driver. I installed it, rebooted and it worked.
Dear Greg S,
WEI is based on 5 parameters as you know and the lowest performer decides the Index. In your case and probably in the OP's case, let us see what's what!
I suggest you check the BASE SCORES as it will determine which is the decider. The method (in case you need) is to
1) Click on the START button.
2) Click on the CONTROL PANEL.
3) In the SEARCH BOX of the Control panel--> type " Performance Information and Tools."
4) In the list that appears, select Performance Information and Tools.
5) Now you should be able to view the Base score and the subscores. If not you can click on Rate This Computer.
This entire exercise will let us know whether it's the Graphics or the RAM
which is at fault!
Kindly view my WEI: