Quote: Originally Posted by kimmyco2011
I have a Toshiba Windows 7 laptop. I used to be able to change the background on my screen before and now I cannot. When I got to control panel to change my desktop background it pops up, "disabled by system administrator" So I logged in as the administrator (I am right now) and still I cannot find out how to change the settings so that when I log in on my account to be able to change the background. This is MY laptop. I am the only user.
What do I do to make my account able to change the background again..???
This may have to do with a corrupted wallpaper.jpg file. You have to delete the transcoded file thus:
1)Copy the following text into the search box which you get by clicking on the start
orb : %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
2) Right-click the file that is named Transcoded wallpaper.jpg and then click Rename
3) Rename the file to TranscodedWallpaper.old, (change .jpg to .old) and then click Yes
4) Double-click slideshow.ini. Slideshow.ini should open with Notepad
. Select all the text in slideshow.ini if any exists and press Delete
(on the keyboard), and then click File
to save the changes.
5) Close Notepad
. Also close Windows
6) Now navigate to the picture/Theme you wish to select as the Desktop background
7) Now apply that pic. as the Desktop theme. This will work only if the transcoder wallpaper.jpg is corrupted.
Hope this helps. If not, get back and we will try another fix!