Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Command Prompt in Explorer Toolbar?

06 Mar 2012   #31
Duzzy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Just thought of something and tried it. It's still not very useful but I can make my toolbar button open to the current folder but you still have to have a folder selected for it to work, so if your in a folder without any subfolders or don't select one first then it won't work.

To do this edit the reg file and change @="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\"" to @="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\" && cd.."

To add both commands ask if needed.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Mar 2012   #32
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Hi Duzzy -

Thnx for your efforts. However ...



hoping someone will take the ball.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2012   #33
Duzzy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

When you say WHOOSH, does this mean it's too complicated or just not what your after?

I do know it's not exactly what you wanted sorry, I was really hoping I could get it working but what you want I don't think can be done with a simple reg hack (maybe an advanced one) and I couldn't find any software to do it, but I think it will require someone to program a shell extension or something like that.

If your using shift + right click then I think Option 4 would be a good idea, at least it would save pressing shift and the icon will make it stand out more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Mar 2012   #34
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
When you say WHOOSH, does this mean it's too complicated ...
correct - whoosh, over my head.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
I do know it's not exactly what you wanted sorry, ...
No, no need to apologize. In fact your efforts are much appreciated and deserve applause. I am somewhat disappointed that no one here has chimed in to give you props for what I see as better-than-college-try.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
If your using shift + right click then I think Option 4 would be a good idea, at least it would save pressing shift and the icon will make it stand out more.
I just r-clik and it's there, no shift required. It will suffice.

thnx Duzzy!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #35
Duzzy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
When you say WHOOSH, does this mean it's too complicated ...
correct - whoosh, over my head.
Is there a preferred Option? I can assist with more detail and step by step instructions.

Quote:
I just r-clik and it's there, no shift required. It will suffice.
Out of curiosity did you use my instructions to do this and did you include a icon?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #36
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy
Is there a preferred Option?
My preference is for a simple 'for dummies' solution. Basically, an 'install-finished', 'run-and-done', minimal-clik/typing option.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy
Out of curiosity did you use my instructions to do this ...
No, the r-clik w/o shift option works for me when I am in a folder window with a hard path displayed in the location bar. I used post #2 to implement. Also, if I type 'cmd' in that location bar, the cmd. prompt opens at said location. Surprise! However, I do have to use the shift-key if in that folder via 'Libraries' navigation. -thnx.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2012   #37
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Update : I found this. Totally idiot-friendly: clik the link, run, install, done! No shift required, will work with Libraries path and includes the elevated option. Now, if only I could get this on the toolbar (sigh).


Attached Images
Command Prompt in Explorer Toolbar?-cmd-1.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2012   #38
Duzzy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Looks ok. I hope you find something to add it the toolbar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2012   #39
MourningStar

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
Looks ok. I hope you find something to add it the toolbar.
Final Update : I have come to believe that this issue would have been resolved long before I posted this request. I have therefore decided to simply delete the windows explorer bar altogether. Thnx to all!

peace
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Command Prompt in Explorer Toolbar?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Explorer Error found via command prompt
The following is a error I found running the sfc /scannow via the command prompt & I cannot find the fix for it. I didn't want to do a complete restore nor a repair simply because I'll loose items I deem valuable, any ideas on this one? 2013-11-05 16:49:53, Info CSI 00000094 Cannot repair...
General Discussion
Run administrative command prompt from command prompt
Ok So I got myself into a unique bind here. I was trying to install some custom system files (for a theme) and I did it wrong and now I cant open explorer.exe . I dont want to goto a backup because this is a easy fix. (in my view). So I need to know how to run command prompt with administrative...
General Discussion
Explorer Toolbar Editor and or remove buttons on Explorer toolbar
Explorer Toolbar Editor is powerful and easy-to-use software that helps you add or remove buttons from the Windows Explorer toolbar in Windows 7. Unlike other existing programs, Explorer Toolbar Editor supports many folder types and displays the current set of buttons for each one. Also, you can...
Free Developer Programs and Projects
Command Prompt From Explorer Window
How do I open a command prompt from an Explorer Window? Of course it must open at the same path without having to type in navigation commands (that's the whole point). Thanks, Jon
General Discussion
Command Prompt command <ipconfig> not working
when I open up my command prompt and type 'ipconfig' without the ' and press enter it returns the line: 'ipconfig' is nto recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file I am trying to find out the information I need in order to set up a static IP Address for port...
Network & Sharing
IE8 command toolbar lost
new computer windows7 and IE8. somehow lost my IE8 command bar and can't figure how to restore it to view mode. Any suggestions??
Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App