|26 Aug 2009||#11|
| || |
soo, i have a question to change my windows ... i want to add some information in windows edition tag ( to put my email, ... ) and change windows picture...
anyone can help me? in system tag i know change but in window editon tag, i dont know...
can anderstand me now?
I found this:
Here's what you need:
1) ResHacker (Google it)
2) Courage to tinker with your system files
Here's what you do:
1) After downloading ResHacker, open and run the program.
2) Once open, select FILE, then OPEN
3) Navigate to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
4) At this point you should be inside the "en-US" folder
5) Look for the "basebrd.dll.mui" file (if it does not appear, change the Type of Files option to "All files (*.*)"
6) Double-click or open the "basebrd.dll.mui" file"
7) Click the + symbol to expand the "String Table" folder
8) Click the + symbol to expand the "1" folder
9) Click on "1033" (the code will then appear on the right side of the window"
10) Simply edit the text as you desire, but don't get rid of the quotation marks. (I would only edit lines 11, 13, and 14... Editing lines 10, 12, 15, etc, doesn't do anything"
11) You'll notice that once you make a change or edit the text, the "Compile Script" box at the top makes itself "clickable." Therefore, once you completed typing in/editing the information, click on COMPILE SCRIPT once.
12) Finally, select FILE, then SAVE AS...
13) Navigate back to the same location of the original "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save over your original file (Using the same file name, extension, etc) (You might need to select to change the Type of Files to "All Files (*.*) as mentioned earlier.
****NOTE: If you are paranoid about screwing something up, then make a backup copy of the "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save it to your desktop. You can put it back later if this hack does not have the effect you desire.
Thats it! Hope this was easy to follow.
|My System Specs|
|28 Aug 2009||#19|
| || |
So if it's not working for you, you do something wrong ore your system may be already messed up somehow.
Now, after I used some Tweaking Programs myself, I can't get it to work either! The mui file is there but it shows the normal Info from MS! So I guess, these Programs somehow change things on a other way and Windows 7 is ignoring the mui file!?
(I can live with it... therefore I have other Pictures that bin showing now... )
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.