Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9]

21 May 2012   #991
BlackSparrow

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
A Gay Bug



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 May 2012   #992
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Wow Tom, that's awesome
A Gay Bug
Another tasteless comment?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #993
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Wow, I really love the text effect Tom, great sig!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 May 2012   #994
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Tom982- I like the goldish text effect allot! It looks real vintige. Nice job on the bug/guy font..

Oh and if there are spelling errors in my messiges, its because english it not a first language for me and My first language-afrikaans is very similar to dutch but cooler so all excuse the grammer errors hehe.

And lastly can someone upload a quick tip on how to get upload a photo of "say" 3000x2000 resoltions and say its 7mb big(for argumants sake) so that the qaulity stays the same but the mb of it is less than 1mb as needed on jpeg for this forum? And how do I get an 1920x1080 image to look the same qaulity on a small 650x150 sig?

Thanx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #995
tom982

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tom982 View Post
Finally found time to make Bill's sig The first one I've done in CS6.

Attachment 212901

There's a bit of space left in the middle that needs filling IMO, has anyone got any suggestions? I considered doing badges, but it looked really clustered. It just doesn't quite look finished yet

Edit: Oops, forgot to put a 650*150 version up.

Attachment 212903
Very nice work Tom.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSparrow View Post
Awesome sig you name for A Guy tom982, but it looks like it says 'A Bug'
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tom982 View Post
Finally found time to make Bill's sig The first one I've done in CS6.

Attachment 212901

There's a bit of space left in the middle that needs filling IMO, has anyone got any suggestions? I considered doing badges, but it looked really clustered. It just doesn't quite look finished yet

Edit: Oops, forgot to put a 650*150 version up.

Attachment 212903
Wow Tom, that's awesome! I like it as is, sometimes there is too much space filling If you decide you want something there, cool, but I'm going to wear it now. Thank you very much

A Gay Bug
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
A Gay Bug


Attachment 212959
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Wow, I really love the text effect Tom, great sig!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
Tom982- I like the goldish text effect allot! It looks real vintige. Nice job on the bug/guy font..

Oh and if there are spelling errors in my messiges, its because english it not a first language for me and My first language-afrikaans is very similar to dutch but cooler so all excuse the grammer errors hehe.

And lastly can someone upload a quick tip on how to get upload a photo of "say" 3000x2000 resoltions and say its 7mb big(for argumants sake) so that the qaulity stays the same but the mb of it is less than 1mb as needed on jpeg for this forum? And how do I get an 1920x1080 image to look the same qaulity on a small 650x150 sig?

Thanx
Thanks all for the kind words If you're happy with it as it is Bill, then I'll leave it.

I don't know what the export function in GIMP is like, I haven't used it in a long time, but in Photoshop when you try to save a jpeg file, it will give you a sliding bar of the quality you want to save it in (0-12, 12 being the best) and it also gives you an estimated file size, so I can just lower the quality until it fits. Or you could upload it to an external site such as DropBox

Make your sigs in 1300*300 (i.e. double that of the normal) then when you come to save it, reduce it to 650*150 This way you won't get dodgy edges on your sig.

And don't worry about your English, Archie will always be the winner of the spelling award
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #996
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Thanx for the info, when you say reduce to 650x150, do you resize or just drag it smaller?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #997
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

In GIMP there should be an option in Image -> Resize/Scale Image. Use that to resize the sig from 1300x300 to 650x150.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #998
tom982

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
Thanx for the info, when you say reduce to 650x150, do you resize or just drag it smaller?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
In GIMP there should be an option in Image -> Resize/Scale Image. Use that to resize the sig from 1300x300 to 650x150.
What he said
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #999
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Thank you, I wanted to rep you both, but I gotta "spread it around first" sorry, but thanx for the advice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2012   #1000
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Okay I have been working very hard on this sig, and I know I am still learning ALLOT of stuff, but I think this one looks pretty sweeet And thanx goes out to Arc for his frame. (I still cant make one as nice as yours,so I just keep using yours)
Secondly to Pooman UK for his badges, I realise I need to do something more so I can get more than 1 badge hehe
And lastly to Tom 982 for well,everything

Anyway here it is as 1300x300(thanx for the advice guys) and as my sig the resized version(thanx JaidynM)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9]




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [16]
Updated the BB sig to recognise the recent influx of badges. :D
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [15]
continued from http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/303376-custom-made-sig-avatar-14-a.html Trying some texture today :)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [14]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/292162-custom-made-sig-avatar-12-a.html oh dear, careful what you wish for it may come true... :p preview
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [12]
:note: Continued from http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/265939-custom-made-sig-avatar-11-a.html :):)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159965-custom-made-sig-avatar-6-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/16975-custom-made-sig-avatar.html You Want Custom made sig or an avatar? Then me or another one of our artists here at sevenforums will make one on your request's you tell us how it should look like, and We will try to make it :) ...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App