Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [11]

05 May 2013   #1601

Windows 8.1 Pro | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wenda View Post
I had a visitor this afternoon while I was mucking around with Photo-Shop. He noticed what I
was trying to do, and also noticed that I had this thread and its counterpart in EightForums
open looking for ideas, templates and some decent logos etc.

Now, this bloke has a Diploma in networking, but as a user, his skills are, at best, average. He
mentioned that he'd always wanted to be able to use a program like PS, but that their sheer
complexity and prohibitively high cost put him off.

So I loaded up a template that I'd found on here (or maybe EightForums) and started to take
him through what I was doing. As soon as he saw me creating layers he said that was where
he'd been going wrong, and wanted me to show him how I did it.

I did so, he had a bit of a go himself, and when he left here he had a big dose of enthusiasm
and ideas, the URL of Adobe's CS2 download site, and a PDF copy of 'Photo-Shop CS2 for
Dummies' with him.

It looks like this 'Photo-Shopping' disease may be contagious...

So, well done, SevenForums, you have had a positive influence and given some good ideas
to yet another happy user.


Wenda.



**Oh, here's the quick & dirty 'sig' we knocked together as I was explaining layers to him.
It turned out so good (clean and airy, not cluttered and cramped) that I decided to modify
it slightly and actually use it on one of my forums.**
Well done Wenda

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 May 2013   #1602
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Yes graphics is very addictive Wenda. I used to spend hours and hours a day fiddling with my own pictures then started trying creating sigs and wallpapers. I finally got around to fixing up an old family photo which had several folds and wrinkles in it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1603

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wenda View Post
I had a visitor this afternoon while I was mucking around with Photo-Shop. He noticed what I
was trying to do, and also noticed that I had this thread and its counterpart in EightForums
open looking for ideas, templates and some decent logos etc.

Now, this bloke has a Diploma in networking, but as a user, his skills are, at best, average. He
mentioned that he'd always wanted to be able to use a program like PS, but that their sheer
complexity and prohibitively high cost put him off.

So I loaded up a template that I'd found on here (or maybe EightForums) and started to take
him through what I was doing. As soon as he saw me creating layers he said that was where
he'd been going wrong, and wanted me to show him how I did it.

I did so, he had a bit of a go himself, and when he left here he had a big dose of enthusiasm
and ideas, the URL of Adobe's CS2 download site, and a PDF copy of 'Photo-Shop CS2 for
Dummies' with him.

It looks like this 'Photo-Shopping' disease may be contagious...

So, well done, SevenForums, you have had a positive influence and given some good ideas
to yet another happy user.


Wenda.



**Oh, here's the quick & dirty 'sig' we knocked together as I was explaining layers to him.
It turned out so good (clean and airy, not cluttered and cramped) that I decided to modify
it slightly and actually use it on one of my forums.**
Well done Wenda. You might also like to look at the wallpapers threads in SF and EF for ideas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 May 2013   #1604

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Yes graphics is very addictive Wenda. I used to spend hours and hours a day fiddling with my own pictures then started trying creating sigs and wallpapers. I finally got around to fixing up an old family photo which had several folds and wrinkles in it.
Hey Gary,
The folds and wrinkles are on your face not on the photo!
Steve volunteered me to say that.
THW
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1605

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Dennis, I'm not sure how I keep getting pulled into yours and Gary's spats. (You don't still wear them do you?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1606

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Dennis, I'm not sure how I keep getting pulled into yours and Gary's spats. (You don't still wear them do you?)

You get pulled into them because you are such a sweet and loveable nice guy!
Not sure if this is true but Gary said you were.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1607

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 (Windows 8.1, Linux Mint, Windows XP and others in VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Dennis, I'm not sure how I keep getting pulled into yours and Gary's spats. (You don't still wear them do you?)

You get pulled into them because you are such a sweet and loveable nice guy!
Not sure if this is true but Gary said you were.
It must be true. You read it on the internet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1608

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Dennis, I'm not sure how I keep getting pulled into yours and Gary's spats. (You don't still wear them do you?)

You get pulled into them because you are such a sweet and loveable nice guy!
Not sure if this is true but Gary said you were.
It must be true. You read it on the internet.
No, saw it on the men's bathroom wall!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1609

Windows 8.1 Pro | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #1610

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

You guys xD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Made Sig and Avatar [11]




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [11]
Thread Forum
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [10] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [6] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [4] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [5] Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [3] Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33