The My Documents
folder is part of Windows 7's new Documents Library.
combines multiple folders that contain similar types of files.
To move your documents to the D drive:
1. Create a new documents folder on the D drive.
2. Right-click the new folder and click Include in Library
3. Click Start
4. Double-click My Documents
to show its contents.
5. Drag and drop the files to the new folder.
6. Press F5 to refresh the view.
7. Under Documents Library
, click locations
8. Right-click the new folder and click Set as default save location
9. [Optional] Click My Documents
and click Remove
. move the My Documents folder to another drive - Microsoft Community