Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Startup Sound

22 Jan 2009   #1
AGlobalThreatsK

7 x64 + XP Pro x86
 
 
Windows Startup Sound

How do I get rid of it? I already disabled the check box in the sounds tab of the audio properties, and I even deleted the C:\Windows\Media folder.

But it still plays the sound on startup..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jan 2009   #2
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello AGlobalThreatsK,

In Sounds, check the sound set for the Windows Logon event to see if that may be still be the one playing.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2009   #3
limneos

Windows 7 RC 7100 32bit/64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AGlobalThreatsK View Post
How do I get rid of it? I already disabled the check box in the sounds tab of the audio properties, and I even deleted the C:\Windows\Media folder.

But it still plays the sound on startup..
Hello AGlobalThreatsK.

Check out this post, I think that's what you're looking for.

Sound Scheme changes not remembered
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2009   #4
AGlobalThreatsK

7 x64 + XP Pro x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello AGlobalThreatsK,

In Sounds, check the sound set for the Windows Logon event to see if that may be still be the one playing.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
I have it set to No Sounds and the Windows Startup Sound is also unchecked.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by limneos View Post
Hello AGlobalThreatsK.

Check out this post, I think that's what you're looking for.

Sound Scheme changes not remembered
I believe that is the fix thank you!

Crazy how we have to do all this just to remove sounds
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2009   #5
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Thank you Limneos for the link. The Sounds tutorial has been updated to include this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2012   #6
Maxheadroom

windows 7 64bit build 7600
 
 

is this still the way to do it as the OP was from 2009?
also will this remove the shutting down tune as well?

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2012   #7
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Max,

The tutorial below can help show you more on how to change the startup sound in Windows 7.

Startup Sound - Change in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2012   #8
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxheadroom View Post
is this still the way to do it as the OP was from 2009?
also will this remove the shutting down tune as well?

thanks
It should.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #9
Maxheadroom

windows 7 64bit build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Max,

The tutorial below can help show you more on how to change the startup sound in Windows 7.

Startup Sound - Change in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn
thanks Shawn i shall have a look
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Startup Sound




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to change Windows 7 startup sound
HOW TO CHANGE WINDOWS 7 STARTUP SOUND http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/63398-startup-sound-change-windows-7-a.html 1.select an audio file of your choice and make sure you convert it to a wave file not just wav 2.rename it 5080 if you are uesing english version of windows 7 united...
Customization
How to change the Windows 7 startup sound?
Hello, any body know how to change windows 7 startup sound?
Sound & Audio
No Windows 7 Startup Sound
I just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in my system with all the latest drivers on it. I use a Crucial M4 128GB SSD. I just noticed now that whenever I restart the computer I don't hear the startup sound? All other sounds like Shutdown sound, clicking, etc. are fine. "play windows...
Sound & Audio
windows startup sound
Is there a way to change the windows startup sound without hacking it?
Sound & Audio
popping sound on windows startup
Hi I have a sony vaio fw11s laptop windows 7 32 bit ultimate. Everytime i boot up or come out of sleep mode i get a pooping sound from the speakers. Can any1 help me. thanks in advance
Sound & Audio
New Windows 7 startup sound
Hi, Is it possible to change the startup sound in Windows 7 Home Premium? I have found where you can change the other sounds like Windows Exit, but for the startup sound I can only find where you can turn it on and off. Thanks, John
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App