Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: trouble with display of windows wallpaper

26 Dec 2012   #1
BigDan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
trouble with display of windows wallpaper

For my wallpaper / background (which is the appropriate term?) I'm having trouble with the display. In XP it was easy, I could take whichever wallpaper and change whether it was tiled, centered, etc. In Win 7 I don't see how to do that, it doesn't seem possible. This wouldnt be a problem if all the pictures displayed the same way but it cycles through all my pictures and some cant be stretched across the whole screen without looking horrible.

Any solution?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Dec 2012   #2
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

1. Right click on your native screen then click on "Personalization."

2. Go to Desktop Background.

3. Go to "Picture position" and click on what you want the Wallpaper to do.

BTW, "Welcome to the Seven Forums." . . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2012   #3
AddRAM

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Ideally you want to match the picture to your screen resolution, if you download pics for your wallpaper. Just choose fit or center and all your pictures will look perfect.

They may not cover the whole monitor but who cares.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Dec 2012   #4
BigDan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
1. Right click on your native screen then click on "Personalization."

2. Go to Desktop Background.

3. Go to "Picture position" and click on what you want the Wallpaper to do.

BTW, "Welcome to the Seven Forums." . . .
wow that did indeed help. i thought i have to choose the same setting for all pix, which maybe i do, but that was painless enough so i guess i can keep changing. is there some way i can specify this pic must be tiled while this must be stretched?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2012   #5
BigDan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Ideally you want to match the picture to your screen resolution, if you download pics for your wallpaper. Just choose fit or center and all your pictures will look perfect.

They may not cover the whole monitor but who cares.
nah this is the pix from my life ie camera, BB, others, some from like a decade ago. and some are indeed downloaded.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #6
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
1. Right click on your native screen then click on "Personalization."

2. Go to Desktop Background.

3. Go to "Picture position" and click on what you want the Wallpaper to do.

BTW, "Welcome to the Seven Forums." . . .
wow that did indeed help. i thought i have to choose the same setting for all pix, which maybe i do, but that was painless enough so i guess i can keep changing. is there some way i can specify this pic must be tiled while this must be stretched?
Hi Dan, First you are Welcome. Now for the last question: I looked into it but at the moment couldn't make a specific picture do that, albeit you might head over to the tutorials and see if anyone has submitted one for doing just what you are looking for. Good luck. . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #7
BigDan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Ideally you want to match the picture to your screen resolution, if you download pics for your wallpaper. Just choose fit or center and all your pictures will look perfect.

They may not cover the whole monitor but who cares.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
1. Right click on your native screen then click on "Personalization."

2. Go to Desktop Background.

3. Go to "Picture position" and click on what you want the Wallpaper to do.

BTW, "Welcome to the Seven Forums." . . .
wow that did indeed help. i thought i have to choose the same setting for all pix, which maybe i do, but that was painless enough so i guess i can keep changing. is there some way i can specify this pic must be tiled while this must be stretched?
Hi Dan, First you are Welcome. Now for the last question: I looked into it but at the moment couldn't make a specific picture do that, albeit you might head over to the tutorials and see if anyone has submitted one for doing just what you are looking for. Good luck. . .

OK no problem. I do appreciate your diligence
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 trouble with display of windows wallpaper




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Trouble pasting, trouble canceling paste
I tried looking this up, tried searching multiple ways and I am not getting an answer, so here I am. Last night I cut 34.8 GB from one drive, pasted it to another. It said 50 minutes, I went to sleep. 8 hours later, it says 50 minutes remaining, so I hit cancel. It has now been canceling for...
General Discussion
Mouse Pointer trouble and startup trouble
I have trouble whenever start windows the start button appears as a white box and nothing appears on the desktop just the (just the background, no icons nor the gadgets) then I tried starting it on safe mode and did system restore however when it does start the mouse pointer keeps on appearing as...
General Discussion
Dual monitor extended desktop wallpaper display issue
I'm having problems with my wallpapers intended to span the length of both monitors.... My main display is on the right instead of the left and when i use a wallpaper that spans both screens it starts on the main display on the right and spans to the left screen instead of starting on the left...
Customization
Trouble installing ATI display driver
I recently had trouble with the new 10.11 ATI drivers causing my to BSOD with an atikmdag.sys error every time I tried to watch a video in my web browser. It would do that or cause the display driver to stop responding and then start the video with a completely green video but sound. I decided to...
Drivers
Windows 7 Wallpaper Help
So, I had Windows 7 Starter (x32) in this PC, and as I couldn't change my desktop background I downloaded Stardock My Colors and switched the wallpaper to a Gibson Pure one. Then I bought a code online to upgrade my Windows 7 into Windows 7 Ultimate, and after I had done this, I started to...
Customization
Only shows wallpaper after resuming from display/sleep
This problem seems ridiculously inconsistent, but it happens often enough to be extremely aggravating. If I leave my computer (Dell XPS M1530 notebook) idle for anywhere from 5+ minutes (I have not timed it exactly) and the display turns off or the machine enters "sleep mode" I cannot resume...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App