Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need image numbers for left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds

27 Feb 2013   #1

windows 7 64bit
 
 
Need image numbers for left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds

I'm cutting my teeth on my first mod of a aero.msstyles dark theme, WP7 vs Mango by deviant art user ~oliver182 who no longer supports it , which as you can see is 95% finished on my Windows 7 64-bit screen grab below.
I just need help identifying image numbers which I cannot see listed in Wikipedia, namely the ones in my thread title which you can see have a white background with dark fonts text which I obviously need to invert to match them with the rest of the dark background/lighter font text theme.

Can anybody point me to a resource or URL that lists/can help me identify every aero.msstyles image number?

I'm currently using the trial version of "Restorator 2007" but apart from opening every single image in the image and stream folder I can't see how I can pinpoint the correct image for the incorrect white background/dark fonts for the "left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds and fonts etc"?

Any help much appreciated



Attached Thumbnails
Need image numbers for left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds-wp7-vs-mango-3d-properties-id-screen-grab-20-percent-reduced.png   Need image numbers for left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds-wp7-vs-mango-3d-properties-id-screen-grab.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by optical10 View Post
I'm cutting my teeth on my first mod of a aero.msstyles dark theme, WP7 vs Mango by deviant art user ~oliver182 who no longer supports it , which as you can see is 95% finished on my Windows 7 64-bit screen grab below.
I just need help identifying image numbers which I cannot see listed in Wikipedia, namely the ones in my thread title which you can see have a white background with dark fonts text which I obviously need to invert to match them with the rest of the dark background/lighter font text theme.

Can anybody point me to a resource or URL that lists/can help me identify every aero.msstyles image number?

I'm currently using the trial version of "Restorator 2007" but apart from opening every single image in the image and stream folder I can't see how I can pinpoint the correct image for the incorrect white background/dark fonts for the "left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds and fonts etc"?

Any help much appreciated
The left Control panel image is bitmap #s 632 and 633 in shell32.dll in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Post a link to the theme and I can look at it and give you the image #s for the popup on the taskbar.

Most custom theme on deviant art and other places are made with Ave's Windows7 Style Builder and it changes the image #s so it's hard to have a list of #s, the only way I know how to change test color is with Windows Style Builder.

Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #3

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by optical10 View Post
I'm cutting my teeth on my first mod of a aero.msstyles dark theme, WP7 vs Mango by deviant art user ~oliver182 who no longer supports it , which as you can see is 95% finished on my Windows 7 64-bit screen grab below.
I just need help identifying image numbers which I cannot see listed in Wikipedia, namely the ones in my thread title which you can see have a white background with dark fonts text which I obviously need to invert to match them with the rest of the dark background/lighter font text theme.

Can anybody point me to a resource or URL that lists/can help me identify every aero.msstyles image number?

I'm currently using the trial version of "Restorator 2007" but apart from opening every single image in the image and stream folder I can't see how I can pinpoint the correct image for the incorrect white background/dark fonts for the "left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds and fonts etc"?

Any help much appreciated


The left Control panel image is bitmap #s 632 and 633 in shell32.dll in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Post a link to the theme and I can look at it and give you the image #s for the popup on the taskbar.

Most custom theme on deviant art and other places are made with Ave's Windows7 Style Builder and it changes the image #s so it's hard to have a list of #s, the only way I know how to change test color is with Windows Style Builder.

Jerry
thanks Jerry, here is the URL link: WP7 Mango update by ~oliver182 on deviantART

I'm all over the Windows style builder URL as we speak
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Feb 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Popup
1192, 1230 these only do the bottom of the popups


properties
899, 900

Properties Tabs
891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898

All the other is fill colors and need Windows Styles Builder to change.

Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #5

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Popup
1192, 1230 these only do the bottom of the popups


properties
899, 900

Properties Tabs
891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898

All the other is fill colors and need Windows Styles Builder to change.

Jerry
Many thanks, I'm so grateful

I've found some dark image files 200 x 551 for the control panel left pane images, 632 633, from your help to replace my current shell32.dll. Just wondering if I use Restorator 2007 to replace and save can I replace those two files live whilst STILL using the shell32.dll in System32 & sysWOW64?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by optical10 View Post

I've found some dark image files 200 x 551 for the control panel left pane images, 632 633, from your help to replace my current shell32.dll. Just wondering if I use Restorator 2007 to replace and save can I replace those two files live whilst STILL using the shell32.dll in System32 & sysWOW64?
Make a System Restore Point - Create first.

Yes use Restorator to do it, get copies of the .dlls and put the in folders(don't mix them up) on your desktop to edit.

To properly change a system file you need to take ownership give yourself permission and rename the old file and then copy in the new ones, look at Post #6 of this thread will tell you how to do it Basic Networking Information
Then restart the PC.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need image numbers for left pane Control Panel & 3D pop-up backgrounds




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33