|08 Oct 2009||#2|
| || |
That's new, I would sugest opening an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
That should find and fix and system files that might be corrupt, you might also want to try deleting the icon cache as it may also be corrupt.
You need to rebuild your icon cache.
this is how:
1. Close all folder windows that are currently open.
2. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe.
3. In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
4. Click the End process button when asked for confirmation.
5. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run…)
6. Type CMD.EXE, and click OK
7. In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
8. In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…)
9. Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: problem with my icons|
|problem with icons on taskbar (wrong icons or missing icons)||Performance & Maintenance|
|Problem with icons||General Discussion|
|Icons problem||General Discussion|
|Moving windows/icons down problem!! Move right/left/up - no problem||General Discussion|
|Weird problem, explorer toolbar icons sometimes change to other icons||Browsers & Mail|
|Problem with icons||Customization|
|icons problem||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.