|22 Oct 2013||#1|
Windows Basic COlour Scheme Lost On Reboot
I am running windows 7 pro 64 bit on 4.4GHz 6core Intel with 16GB RAM, 400Mbps SSD drive, water cooling and 2 quad output Firepro ATI graphics cards.
I want to run in windows 7 basic colour mode.
Why? Because aero really sucks in my opinon.
1. Being able to see through the top bar to what's behind is not important
2. windows key tab is way slower to find what you want than alt+tab
3. screen capture software doesn't always like it
4. whilst deciding where to put an app it thinks i am shaking it and everything disappears
5. when i move stuff, it snaps to full height or left right when i don't want that (make it with the min/max/restore options please)
There is really nothing in it that I can see if of any real use, other than just bling.
However if you set to "adjust for best performance" that version is a bit too old looking.
Basic is perfect for me, however it does not persist on reboot.
Any ideas how I might do that?
|My System Specs|
|22 Oct 2013||#4|
Start a new Basic theme, then go to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and rename the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg to TranscodedWallpaper.old.jpg, then restart and see if it stays on Basic.
AppData is hidden use step 3 of this tutorial to unhide it File and Folder - Hide or Unhide
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Basic COlour Scheme Lost On Reboot|
|Changing out of windows 7 basic colour scheme||Customization|
|The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic||Customization|
|Windows color scheme keeps changing to basic.||Themes and Styles|
|The Color Scheme Keeps Changing To Windows 7 Basic At Random?!||Performance & Maintenance|
|Software that forces basic colour scheme||Software|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33.