Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: excel vba programming code

03 Sep 2014   #11
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

It looks like you are trying to pull data entered into the text fields on the form and attempting to save them in a single row across the spreadsheet. If that's what you are trying to do then the code as written won't work unless there is at least one row of data already in the sheet. If you add a header row as the first row in your spreadsheet, it might work.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Sep 2014   #12
marthijn99

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
It looks like you are trying to pull data entered into the text fields on the form and attempting to save them in a single row across the spreadsheet. If that's what you are trying to do then the code as written won't work unless there is at least one row of data already in the sheet. If you add a header row as the first row in your spreadsheet, it might work.
do you mean that i need to fill row A or 1 because i did cell 1A and it didnt work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #13
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

Columns use letters, rows use numbers. Yes, I meant for you to put some text or something in cell A1. However, I still don't know what range "Cell1" refers to which is the range used in the formula. When you say it didn't work, did you get the same error?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Sep 2014   #14
marthijn99

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
Columns use letters, rows use numbers. Yes, I meant for you to put some text or something in cell A1. However, I still don't know what range "Cell1" refers to which is the range used in the formula. When you say it didn't work, did you get the same error?
okay sorry for the inconvinece but this is solved thankyou and the other guy too

next question is why when i click the save button it saves row 3 and when i try to save another one it saves over row 3 again (i know why it saves on row 3 because i collored the other 2 rows in and filled them in)


Attached Thumbnails
excel vba programming code-naamloos3.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #15
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

I think I've helped you all I can via this method. Any chance you could save the excel file somewhere where I could download it and look at it? Do you have a DropBox account?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #16
marthijn99

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
I think I've helped you all I can via this method. Any chance you could save the excel file somewhere where I could download it and look at it? Do you have a DropBox account?
nope not yet will make one now and be back with the file in 3 min
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #17
marthijn99

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
I think I've helped you all I can via this method. Any chance you could save the excel file somewhere where I could download it and look at it? Do you have a DropBox account?
okay i cant make an dropbox account because i cant use my bank account

but here is my google drive page with the file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95...it?usp=sharing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #18
strollin

W10 Pro desktop, W10 laptop, W10 laptop, W10 Pro tablet (all 64-bit)
 
 

I downloaded your worksheet and added the text 'abc' to cell A1 and the text 'def' to cell A2 then ran your form. The first time it put the values from the form into row 3, the next time I ran it, row 4 and so on. Seems to be working for me.

As I said, you need to put at least a value in cell A1 in order for it to work or else it will attempt to go past the last row in the worksheet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2014   #19
marthijn99

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by strollin View Post
I downloaded your worksheet and added the text 'abc' to cell A1 and the text 'def' to cell A2 then ran your form. The first time it put the values from the form into row 3, the next time I ran it, row 4 and so on. Seems to be working for me.

As I said, you need to put at least a value in cell A1 in order for it to work or else it will attempt to go past the last row in the worksheet.

Okay so maybe its some thing i need to instal or chance in the settings ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 excel vba programming code




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
C++ Programming
Thanks to the creators of Seven Forums (: I'm currently learning C++ programming, and this forum has really helped me develop my general knowledge of computing. Is there any C++ programming threads?
Chillout Room
Programming
Hi guys, I have a desire to learn how to program, i have absolutely no experience whatsoever. I am 45 years old (Please tell me i'm not to old), i enjoy working in microsoft office so i presume visual basics is what i need to learn. Access is what i'm perticularly interested in learning,...
Chillout Room
Formatting Excel 2010, Excel 2003
Hello, I want to create a table as in the drawing below, where the first cell is table-wide (as it contains the heading common (pertaining?) to all columns and rows under it) but, and this is where I cannot get it together, where those cells are divided into several columns. It's a cinch when...
Microsoft Office
Programming Help - Please!
Hey Guys, I'm trying to create a personal website for my new born daughter. I have a few ideas/thoughts in mind on how I want it to act and function. I already purchased the domain name & beginning to work on a few stuff. I need some programming help making the site "e-mail access only", meaning...
Chillout Room
Can't open 2003 Excel Files in Excel 2007?
I'm not sure if it because the files are 2003 or not? When I try to open them an error message appears stating, "...the file you are trying to open is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source..." These are my files. The...
Microsoft Office
Excel 2003 - Multiple Excel Open
Hi All, I don't know if I'm posting in the right area but I really need help. Before (In XP and Vista), when I have one excel file open and I go to desktop to open a different excel, it would open in the same excel program (2 files in 1 program) With Windows 7, when I open a different file, it...
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App