The resolution? Rebuilding the Windows 7 Icon Cache.
Follow these directions:
1. Close all folder windows that are currently open.
2. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe
3. In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process
4. Click the End process button when asked for confirmation.
5. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run…)
6. Type CMD.EXE, and click OK
7. In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
Click this bar to view the full image.
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
8. In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…)
9. Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.
Your icons should be as good as new!