Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM
Best to create a desktop shortcut first and change the shortcut icon then launch the program and then pin it to the taskbar.
I agree with Mr GRiM and here's the steps to elaborate on his solution.
1. Copy the shortcut out to your desktop from the %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
2. Change the icon on the shortcut
3. Make sure that your program is closed and unpin it from the taskbar
4. Open the program from your new shortcut
5. Pin it to the taskbar
6. Delete the shortcut from the desktop
Worked like a charm in testing and I learned something too.