Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Application to change your start orb

10 Feb 2010   #21

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post

Yes, that was unchecked, but it didn't restart explorer because it had changed the executable into a file.
Ok now i'm confused. The files needed to run the application, are they all in the same folder? If not, that's the problem.



Attached Thumbnails
Application to change your start orb-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Feb 2010   #22
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Yes, all in the same folder.

(Man, a power user helping a guru )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #23

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Yes, all in the same folder.

(Man, a power user helping a guru )
So, it's working now? lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Feb 2010   #24
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Nope, just gonna stick with the old fashioned way.
BTW, the change orb button just brings up the browse for orb window up again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #25

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Nope, just gonna stick with the old fashioned way.
BTW, the change orb button just brings up the browse for orb window up again
When you click the change orb button, it's supposed to launch a windows prompt for you to browse and select an orb from a folder. Once you've selected an orb, windows explorer will automatically restart and your new start orb will be applied.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #26
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3ftOn3Z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Nope, just gonna stick with the old fashioned way.
BTW, the change orb button just brings up the browse for orb window up again
When you click the change orb button, it's supposed to launch a windows prompt for you to browse and select an orb from a folder. Once you've selected an orb, windows explorer will automatically restart and your new start orb will be applied.
Lol! Thanks for the clarification.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #27
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Oh, and its working now!
How did I do that
Someone give D3ftOn3Z some rep, thanks for helping mate
I need to spread around before giving some more to him
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #28

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Oh, and its working now!
How did I do that
Someone give D3ftOn3Z some rep, thanks for helping mate
I need to spread around before giving some more to him
NP domii. Am glad to help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #29

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

The problem is with admin rights (UAC). If you dont "run as admin" then the program isnt allowed to take ownership of the files therefore its doesnt have the rights to rename, delete, or change anything.


Right click on the .exe and click on security and then click run as administrator. Save the changes and try again.

Hope it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #30
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

I tried 'Run as admin' before, and that way it deleted explorer so i had to manually change the file extension back from the explorer.old to get it back. But when tried it again it just worked!
Thanks for your time guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Application to change your start orb




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33