|14 Feb 2010||#1|
| || |
How to pin a folder to your taskbar
By downloading a small program, you can pin any folder to your taskbar and assign it a custom icon.
1. Download bat to exe and extract the contents to a folder.
2. Right click on desktop and select new -> text document
3. Assuming we want to make a shortcut to My Documents folder, type in the following in the text: C:\Windows\explorer.exe C:\Users\your_profile_name\Documents
4. Save the text file as "My Documents.bat"
5. Open the bat to exe folder and double click Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe
6. At the top of the program's window you will see Batch file:. Click the button to the far right of it and browse for and select the bat file you just created. While still in the options pane, tick the Invisible Application option.
7. Now click the Versioninformations pane and you will see Icon file:. Click the button to the far right of that and browse for the icon file you want to see in the taskbar.
8. Click Compile at the bottom left of the program window. It will create the exe in the same directory where the bat file is located.
9. Now you can right click on the new exe and pin to taskbar.
Now you have a "My Documents" shortcut in the taskbar.
Repeat for any folder you need in the taskbar. Make sure you keep the exe files somewhere on your drive, but you can delete the bat files.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How to pin a folder to your taskbar|
|Taskbar - Pin or Unpin a Folder||Tutorials|
|Folder name instead of folder path in the taskbar||Customization|
|Adding folder without a New TaskBar!||Customization|
|Cannot Unpin Folder from Taskbar||General Discussion|
|How to get C: Folder on my taskbar||Customization|
|pin this folder to taskbar||Customization|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.