Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: wmploc.DLL

19 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 X64
 
 
wmploc.DLL

i believe this would be the right area. i recently replaced the wmploc.DLL files from the system32 ans sysWOW64 folders only to have windows media player say "The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 12.0.7600.16415 where 12.0.7600.16385 was expected. i was wondering if it would be possible for anyone to upload the 12.0.7600.16385 version of the dll from the system32 and sysWOW64 folders as i forgot to make a back up. also i have tried using resource hacker to change the version numbers with no success. any help would be appriciated

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #2
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello Welcome to SF,


You could try this step
  1. Log on as an administrator.
  2. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search text box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type regsvr32 wmp.dll, and then click OK.
Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #3

 

Run windows update, you should get an update which changes the WMP version to 7600.16415

That should solve it
Always remember to check the new dll's version and the old dll's version, before replacing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Feb 2010   #4

Windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello Welcome to SF,




You could try this step
  1. Log on as an administrator.
  2. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search text box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type regsvr32 wmp.dll, and then click OK.
Hope this helps,
Captain
thanks for the quick response. i did what you said and i got DllRegisterServer in wmp.dll succeeded, alas i get the same error when i try to open wmp
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Run windows update, you should get an update which changes the WMP version to 7600.16415

That should solve it
Always remember to check the new dll's version and the old dll's version, before replacing
re ran windows update and it worked a charm thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Avenger20 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Run windows update, you should get an update which changes the WMP version to 7600.16415

That should solve it
Always remember to check the new dll's version and the old dll's version, before replacing
re ran windows update and it worked a charm thanks
So your WMP is working now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #7

Windows 7 X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Avenger20 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Run windows update, you should get an update which changes the WMP version to 7600.16415

That should solve it
Always remember to check the new dll's version and the old dll's version, before replacing
re ran windows update and it worked a charm thanks
So your WMP is working now?
Yes i also backed up the .dll so i can go back to trying to get a custom one to work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Avenger20 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Avenger20 View Post
re ran windows update and it worked a charm thanks
So your WMP is working now?
Yes i also backed up the .dll so i can go back to trying to get a custom one to work
Good luck

Glad i could help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 wmploc.DLL





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: wmploc.DLL
Thread Forum
Wmploc.dll for a version of wmp help. Music, Pictures & Video
Custom wmploc.dll's (WMP interface) Customization
Custom WMPLOC.dll Customization
WMP12 ~ Agent Orange ( wmploc.dll) Customization
Recode (wmploc.dll ) X86 & X64 Customization
WMP 12 Red Theme (wmploc.dll) Themes and Styles
WMP 12 Green Theme (wmploc.dll) Themes and Styles

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33