Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Removing titlebar text

03 Mar 2010   #1
Canti

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 
Removing titlebar text

Is it possible to remove the titlebar text? I want every window to look like the explorer windows, clean w/o text.

I was thinkin that there might be a registery value or something for this.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Mar 2010   #2
axhed

win7 64
 
 

how about removing the title bar altogether? i'd be all over that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #3
DudeOnFire

Windows 7
 
 

I'm also looking for something like this too...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Aug 2010   #4
Sympatico

 
 

I'm assuming you mean from Internet Explorer.
I don't use IE8 (FF nowadays) but adding a REG_SZ key at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] as below will remove the "Internet Explorer" scripting but sadly not the page name appearing in the title bar. But it's a start!!
NAME Window Title TYPE REG_SZ DATA Blank
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #5
DudeOnFire

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sympatico View Post
I'm assuming you mean from Internet Explorer.
I don't use IE8 (FF nowadays) but adding a REG_SZ key at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] as below will remove the "Internet Explorer" scripting but sadly not the page name appearing in the title bar. But it's a start!!
NAME Window Title TYPE REG_SZ DATA Blank
I don't use Internet Explorer either. I just wanted to remove the title bar text from every window and any window that shows a text. E.g. Firefox, Thunderbird.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #6
Sympatico

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DudeOnFire View Post
I don't use Internet Explorer either. I just wanted to remove the title bar text from every window and any window that shows a text. E.g. Firefox, Thunderbird.
With Firefox do a search for Titlebar Tweaks 1.8.3.6. Whether that has "soul bros" for different browsers I don't know, but it works well in FF
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #7
DudeOnFire

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sympatico View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DudeOnFire View Post
I don't use Internet Explorer either. I just wanted to remove the title bar text from every window and any window that shows a text. E.g. Firefox, Thunderbird.
With Firefox do a search for Titlebar Tweaks 1.8.3.6. Whether that has "soul bros" for different browsers I don't know, but it works well in FF
Thanks! But do you know what I could do about other applications that also display a title bar text?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #8
Sympatico

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DudeOnFire View Post
Thanks! But do you know what I could do about other applications that also display a title bar text?
Can't help you there sadly Matey, wish I could . I only use one browser at a time, currently FF.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2010   #9
chrisna

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.
 
 

you mean this, right??


Attached Thumbnails
-upload.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2010   #10
debugged

Windows 7
 
 

If you change the font colour for the title bar (Personalize > Window color) to the same as the colour for the title bar (Active title bar and inactive title bar), you will see no text. It's there, but not visible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Removing titlebar text




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
File Browser: Removing the text from the top
Since the title seems a bit confusing, I have a screenshot example: http://i.imgur.com/pbUVQ.png I know by default that there shouldn't be any text at the top in Windows 7. I want to know what may have caused this change and how I can remove the text? If you need more information, I will...
Customization
Center Titlebar Text
Is it possible to (without 3rd party software that runs in the background) center the title bar text in Windows 7 x64. (By that I mean the text like when you open notepad, it says "Untitled - Notepad". I want it centered.)
Customization
Removing Text/Name from Desktop Icon.
I'm trying to remove the text from a desktop icon, I know this is usually something simple, but I can't get it to work on my laptop. I have no number pad, so I can't do the alt+225 thing with it. I've tried using the on-screen keyboard, hitting rename on the icon, holding in alt then hitting 225...
General Discussion
Removing text preview..
Hi, I'm constantly trying to tweak my 7 installation to my idea of perfection.. I can't seen to remove the text preview thumbnail though. Would this be a registry edit or an option that needs changed? It's killing me, I edited the registry to remove the image thumbnails (I hate anything visual...
Themes and Styles
Removing text overlays when hovering over something
Is there a way to remove the overlays of text when hovering over an icon?
General Discussion
[Help] Removing Blod text in windows
Hi guys! Let med start off with saying, great forum you got here! I have a problem with my Windows 7 Ultimate, so i though who better to ask then you guys. All around my window menus, in my browser, my apps ect. the text have become bold. I'm not sure what caused it, I been playing around...
Virtualization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App