|27 Apr 2009||#1|
| || |
Bringing Back the WinXP version of Firefox
Some of you liked the way firefox looked back in Windows XP, well it still possible in 7 and Vista, it's very easy just follow the following steps:
1. Open "Mozilla Firefox" location, generally:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox (For 64 bits)
2. Find firefox.exe and right click on it and go to properties
3. Go to compatibility and check "Run this program in compatibility for"
and select either "Windows XP Service Pack 2" or "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
4. There you go, run firefox and you'll see the old looking backward button, the yellow "home" icon, and everything else. The only con is that it's going to prompt you for permission.
5. If you want to turn back and have the Vista's/7's Style just go back to compatibility and uncheck the box that says for running compatibility for
you just need to open the firefox folder and look for "Firefox.exe" without the commas; right click on it and select properties.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Bringing Back the WinXP version of Firefox|
|Bringing back "are you sure you want to uninstal this program" warning||General Discussion|
|Bringing back windows microsoft office starter||Microsoft Office|
|Stand alone version of MS Word has disappeared from WinXP Mode||Microsoft Office|
|Bringing back old posts from the dead||Chillout Room|
|Failed install went back to Winxp pro||BSOD Help and Support|
|Radeon9600=Back to WinXP?||Graphic Cards|
|Tried Win 7 64 bit v7700 going back to WinXP 32||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.