Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make windows slide away when closed

25 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7 Pro
 
 
Make windows slide away when closed

Anyone know if there is a tweak / app / something available that will change the way windows apps closes in Win 7?

My desire is to have the windows slide off screen rapidly when closed instead of fading out like they do by default.

Not sure if this exists or not. I have tried searching for a previous solution but came up empty handed.

Thanks for reading!

-CK

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jun 2010   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
Anyone know if there is a tweak / app / something available that will change the way windows apps closes in Win 7?

My desire is to have the windows slide off screen rapidly when closed instead of fading out like they do by default.

Not sure if this exists or not. I have tried searching for a previous solution but came up empty handed.

Thanks for reading!

-CK
Welcome to the forums, Crimson Knight !!

But I am also not aware of such an app
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2010   #3

home: Windows 7 x64 work: OS X 10.4.11
 
 

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but RK Launcher is a dock that can minimize programs using the OS X genie effect. I've not seen anything else that enhances or changes the windows closing/minimization animation.

It would be nice to have different animation choices for window actions similar to those of Compiz for Linux.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Jun 2010   #4
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vector View Post
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but RK Launcher is a dock that can minimize programs using the OS X genie effect. I've not seen anything else that enhances or changes the windows closing/minimization animation.

It would be nice to have different animation choices for window actions similar to those of Compiz for Linux.
Compiz is one app that I miss in windows . Another one is cover flow , obviously .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2010   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
Anyone know if there is a tweak / app / something available that will change the way windows apps closes in Win 7?

My desire is to have the windows slide off screen rapidly when closed instead of fading out like they do by default.

Not sure if this exists or not. I have tried searching for a previous solution but came up empty handed.

Thanks for reading!

-CK
You can disable the animation and just have them disappear instantly, of course!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jun 2010   #6
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Got one way out . Tuneup utilities


Attached Thumbnails
Make windows slide away when closed-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2010   #7

Win 7 x64 Home Premium
 
 

Stardock has an app, WindowsFX which allows you to choose all sorts of diff types of animations (slide, close fm center, fade, zig-zag) for diff functions- but alas, while it worked very well in WinXP, their online installer interface named Impulse told me that it does not work on my version of Windows...

Could be b/c I'm using a x64 bit OS, but people should contact Stardock.com to give input on behalf of 64bit support...

elisedai
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by elisedai View Post
Stardock has an app, WindowsFX which allows you to choose all sorts of diff types of animations (slide, close fm center, fade, zig-zag) for diff functions- but alas, while it worked very well in WinXP, their online installer interface named Impulse told me that it does not work on my version of Windows...

Could be b/c I'm using a x64 bit OS, but people should contact Stardock.com to give input on behalf of 64bit support...

elisedai
Thanx Man I been trying to remember the name of the app for ever (2 days lol). It sucks to hear it wont run on x64. I'm running Windows 7 Home pre. If anyone one finds something that works
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make windows slide away when closed




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Make windows slide away when closed
Thread Forum
How to make an instructional slide show for a DVD Player Music, Pictures & Video
Windows 7 Slide Show stops with errors Customization
windows explorer slide show General Discussion
Need to make sure program is closed on all machines before backup runs Backup and Restore
Combine Powerpoints and make random slide show Microsoft Office
How to make WPV slide shows only take up 1 monitor? Music, Pictures & Video
PowerPoint - make a flashy disco slide show Tutorials

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33