Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: FINALLY: a way to remove the Show Desktop button

07 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
FINALLY: a way to remove the Show Desktop button

Browsing deviantART

Run as Administrator, click "Remove Show Desktop Button" and the program will now run automatically at startup (without being memory resident). I hate that button.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Do you mean the one in the bottom right hand corner?

Can't begin to understand why you would hate it but I find it quite useful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

- It uses a bad method of hiding windows (overlaying rather than actual minimizing). It's slightly faster to draw compared to Win+M, but it hides things like RocketDock and even Windows's built-in gadgets.
- It's ugly.
- It's useless to me and other people who are addicted to keyboard shortcuts.

Is it so hard to allow the most basic of OS customization, Microsoft and Apple? Come on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Jul 2010   #4

windows 7 professional & ultimate 64bit laptops
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Do you mean the one in the bottom right hand corner?

Can't begin to understand why you would hate it but I find it quite useful.
agree
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pickaxe View Post
Browsing deviantART

Run as Administrator, click "Remove Show Desktop Button" and the program will now run automatically at startup (without being memory resident). I hate that button.
It's been here for awhile,

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-taskbar.html

Works great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pickaxe View Post
- It uses a bad method of hiding windows (overlaying rather than actual minimizing). It's slightly faster to draw compared to Win+M, but it hides things like RocketDock and even Windows's built-in gadgets.
- It's ugly.
- It's useless to me and other people who are addicted to keyboard shortcuts.

Is it so hard to allow the most basic of OS customization, Microsoft and Apple? Come on.
If you read this forum for a while you'll see that eery single person has a completely different thing that bugs them about the OS.

To offer complete customization of every single minute aspect of the OS would bloat it up HUGELY.

There has to be a balance between allowing the customization that most people want (i.e. desktop backgrounds) and those that only 3 people have ever thought of asking for
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 x64
 
 

This would be more useful if, when the button is removed the clock would shift over to the right and the task tray with it. Mind you I've never managed to fill the toolbar yet!
As it is it just leaves an empty space. So I think, on that basis, I'll put the button back, does no harm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

WHOA I didnt even know that Show Desktop button was there LOL

I'm keeping it though, I always wondered where it was.

Thanks for informing me of a feature I didn't even know was there with a tutorial on how to remove it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 FINALLY: a way to remove the Show Desktop button





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: FINALLY: a way to remove the Show Desktop button
Thread Forum
Show Desktop Button - Too Big Customization
how to remove show desktop button ? General Discussion
Solved How do I change clock color and remove the "Show Desktop" button? Customization
Show Desktop button General Discussion
show desktop button Customization
Strange show desktop button General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33