Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Copy/Move to Folder

16 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Copy/Move to Folder

Is there a way I can change the Capitalization on that? I'm very anal about it and I don't like that it says Copy to folder, I'd like it to say Copy to Folder

My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

I'm confused. What exactly are you talking about? There are all kinds of things that can be changed in 7. Might want to look in the customization part of the site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I'm talking about the Context Menu addon that has Copy to Folder and Move to Folder.

But when I add it the F in Folder comes up as lowercase, I'd like to make it Uppercase if possible
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jul 2010   #4

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
I'm talking about the Context Menu addon that has Copy to Folder and Move to Folder.

But when I add it the F in Folder comes up as lowercase, I'd like to make it Uppercase if possible
I'd never noticed that typo(?). Now I've gotta find a fix!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

...I can't tell if that was a shot at me or not. It just looks weird and if there's a way I can go into the Registry and edit it, please let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
...I can't tell if that was a shot at me or not. It just looks weird and if there's a way I can go into the Registry and edit it, please let me know.
Wasn't a shot Mate. Just you've pointed something out I'd never noticed and now I need to change it. Haven't found it yet! I used to use a reg hack that just said "Copy To....." and "Move To....." so its got to be editable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sympatico View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
...I can't tell if that was a shot at me or not. It just looks weird and if there's a way I can go into the Registry and edit it, please let me know.
Wasn't a shot Mate. Just you've pointed something out I'd never noticed and now I need to change it. Haven't found it yet! I used to use a reg hack that just said "Copy To....." and "Move To....." so its got to be editable.
Which tweak/hack(the source) are you guys using? I might be able to help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #8

 
 

Hi Greg,

This is the reg file I'm using at the moment. I haven't dug too deep yet but initial viewing aint saying a lot.
Quote:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #9

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

I didn't really understand where the "move to..." thing showed up at until just a few minutes ago, but I think I do now. I assume you are talking about the thing that shows up during a drag-and-drop. The problem won't be fixable by registry alone. One of the Windows base files will need to be edited. I have no clue which, and will not try to find it myself, as I don't want to change anything that seriously messes up my computer. I understand that little things can be extremely annoying and maybe Greg can help. Good luck with finding a solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sympatico View Post
Hi Greg,

This is the reg file I'm using at the moment. I haven't dug too deep yet but initial viewing aint saying a lot.
Quote:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]
OK, at first glance, I'm heading out the door at the moment, it looks like it's within shell32.dll, not for sure. I'll have a more in-depth look this afternoon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Copy/Move to Folder





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Copy/Move to Folder
Thread Forum
Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder Tutorials
Copy/Move stops at 100% General Discussion
'Move to'.....'copy to'...... Music, Pictures & Video
Solved Move vs Copy General Discussion
How to copy or move a folder to virtual xp Virtualization
Cannot move/copy files within folder General Discussion
How to copy pictures, not move? Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33