Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Remove


24 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Remove

I'd like to remove the text that is at the top left of a lot of windows, is that possible?

~Joshua~


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Torongo View Post
I'd like to remove the text that is at the top left of a lot of windows, is that possible?

~Joshua~
Please snip it and show us what you mean!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #3

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Torongo View Post
I'd like to remove the text that is at the top left of a lot of windows, is that possible?

~Joshua~
Please snip it and show us what you mean!
He's talking about the text that comes up on the top left of any window.
For example, I have opened the Run box and it shows Run on the top left.


Name:  1.JPG
Views: 5
Size:  15.3 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Torongo View Post
I'd like to remove the text that is at the top left of a lot of windows, is that possible?

~Joshua~
Please snip it and show us what you mean!
He's talking about the text that comes up on the top left of any window.
For example, I have opened the Run box and it shows Run on the top left.


Attachment 87256
I just got back from feeding Nellie!
So why does Torongo want to remove it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #5

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

You can edit the registry to do that. I used to get a lot of requests to remove the "branding" from computers. (For example, stuff like the Internet Explorer Powered By Dell nonsense you see on a lot of consumer computers.) Unless someone has written some very obscure tweak, you'd have to do it item-by-item.

I wouldn't recommend it, though. Unforeseen consequences can be a pain.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Remove




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Remove
Thread Forum
add and remove General Discussion
Cannot remove IE8 Browsers & Mail
how to remove ? Customization
Can I remove an item from safely remove hardware list? Hardware & Devices
can't remove hd xp was on Installation & Setup
How to remove "safety remove" button from taskbar? Customization
Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33