Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need Driver for refurbished NETGEAR WPN111 Wireless Adapter

28 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Need Driver for refurbished NETGEAR WPN111 Wireless Adapter

I ordered a refurbished NETGEAR WPN111 wireless adapter from TigerDirect. The card has the serial number information redacted (blanked out by black marker).

I do not otherwise have connectivity from my PC (Dell Dimension 9100) running Windows 7 Ulitimate.0

Hence my need for a Windows 7 compatible driver for the WPN111. NETGEAR does not allow access to the driver without the serial number - or, at least, I have not found away around needing the serial number. I will need the download the driver and install it manually - since I do not otherwise have connectivity from my PC.

My first question is whether the redacting of the serial number is standard for refurbished devices. Have I ventured into a gray world of stolen devices, shady business practices - will Guido the Cruncher be visiting soon? If so, shame on TigerDirect.

However, if I'm not falling into a gray area, sure would appreciate a link that will lead to a current, Windows 7 compatible driver for the NETGEAR WPN111 wireless adapter. Please don't send me to NETGEAR - they seem to require the serial number. Please don't send me to the usual MS location for drivers - they just provide a link to the NETGEAR site.

Sign me, "stuck on borrowed time on others' computers".

Al

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2010   #2

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

I might have a backup of this driver for XP, but when i needed to DL, it never asked me for serial number.... not that I remember. Maybe a Vista one is compatible.

Have you tried contacting TigerDirect or Netgear with issue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - OEM Service Pack 1
 
 

Is this what you are looking for ?


wpn111



Steve
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Welcome!

Try this. Type msinfo32.exe into the start menu and press enter. Then go to File>Save and save it on your desktop. Right-click on it and select Send To> New Compressed Folder.

Transfer the file to another computer, maybe using a CD or USB drive, and then attach it to your next post here by use of the paperclip icon in the editing bar,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #5

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

? JK? wrong thread maybe?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

No, I just wanted to find detailed information on his card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7
 
 
NETGEAR Does Require Serial #

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
I might have a backup of this driver for XP, but when i needed to DL, it never asked me for serial number.... not that I remember. Maybe a Vista one is compatible.

Have you tried contacting TigerDirect or Netgear with issue?
NETGEAR does require the serial number of the wireless adapter card in order to download the driver - at least from the page wpn111

Not that it will solve my problem, but why is the Serial # redacted on my wireless card? Is it "hot" - ha, ha, since have read some reviews after my purchase that this card does occassionally run "hot".

My essential requirement is downloadable (on a borrowed PC), Windows 7 compliant, driver for the NETGEAR WPN111 without having the serial number.

Thanks in advance.

Al
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7
 
 
Safe to make msinfo32.exe results available

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Welcome!

Try this. Type msinfo32.exe into the start menu and press enter. Then go to File>Save and save it on your desktop. Right-click on it and select Send To> New Compressed Folder.

Transfer the file to another computer, maybe using a CD or USB drive, and then attach it to your next post here by use of the paperclip icon in the editing bar,
Wow- whole bunch of info re my PC in this "folder" of info. Is this safe to post? Hate to be paranoid, but would be nice to hear from other than Jonathan on this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #9

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amphibian1828 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Welcome!

Try this. Type msinfo32.exe into the start menu and press enter. Then go to File>Save and save it on your desktop. Right-click on it and select Send To> New Compressed Folder.

Transfer the file to another computer, maybe using a CD or USB drive, and then attach it to your next post here by use of the paperclip icon in the editing bar,
Wow- whole bunch of info re my PC in this "folder" of info. Is this safe to post? Hate to be paranoid, but would be nice to hear from other than Jonathan on this.
amphibian, just post the "bits" you want us to see in particular the card as Jonathan_King stated ,we cannot infiltrate your pc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Try Windows updates here:
Microsoft Update Catalog
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need Driver for refurbished NETGEAR WPN111 Wireless Adapter




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Need Driver for refurbished NETGEAR WPN111 Wireless Adapter
Thread Forum
NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? Hardware & Devices
NETGEAR RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues Hardware & Devices
Netgear Wireless Adapter not working Network & Sharing
Netgear Wireless-G USB Network Adapter Installation & Setup
Netgear WG111 wireless adapter won't work with W7 Drivers
Netgear WNDA3100 wireless adapter Drivers
NetGear WN121T wireless adapter driver problem Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33