Thanks for all the help. I got the XP driver
to work just fine. Instead of running the install, which I was trying to do, I;
- went into device manager
- right clicked on the ethernet connection in question
- selected "update drivers"
- chose to browse my computer for the drivers
- went to where I had unzipped the file and selected the XP folder
- clicked okay and followed the rest of the directions.
After install, wifi came right up, found all the available networks and I just selected mine and logged into it.
Sweet, Windows 7 RC is fully functional on the laptop that Vista said was not good enough.