Just signed up to share this with you all, since you helped me with 7 so much. Normaly I'm such a noob, but I guess I fixed the C-Media chipset problem. It's rather easy. It appears that the HT Omega Striker 7.1 (C-Media chipset) works perfectly with Windows 7 RC. So I downloaded the driver
(here HT Omega - Driver Downloads
) for my Club3D Theatron DD (also C-Media chipset). After that I had the Xear3D working. Than I installed the drivers
to my own soundcard. Somehow it didn't update the Xear3D program. After assigning the sounds to digital out in the control panel and in Xear3D, I have full working 5.1 out via toslink.