Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bluetooth Devices (Widcomm)

07 Jun 2009   #1
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 
Bluetooth Devices (Widcomm)

Just to tell that the Widcomm 5.1 provided on a link on this forum, does work fine and install very well through Windows Update for most of the bluetooth drivers...

Version on my Original CD Install is around 4.1 or 4.3 dated 2003, have an issue with tray control (windows pops up every time) and is buggy.

I'm with a PCMCIA Bluetooth TDK PC Card Type II, to transfert files and pictures with OBEX from a 3rd S60 platform mobile phone.

I didn't wanted to install a PC suite, just basic transfert from Phone to PC.

Widcomm 5.1 suit most of the bluetooth devices known by now.


I was looking back yesterday the post for the link and couldn't find it back. Orbital Shark may you have the link?

The purpose of this new thread.

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jun 2009   #2

Win7 7201 X64
 
 

Have you tried the following:

Broadcom Corporation - Bluetooth Software Download

Using the Broadcom updater I managed to get a very recent version installed:

Bluetooth (WIDCOMM) driver v.6.2.0.8900 (22/04/2009) for Windows 7

The updater should work with all Broadcom based BT chipsets...

If WIDCOMM v.5.1 worked for you this might too...

netRAT.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2009   #3
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by netRAT View Post
Have you tried the following:

Broadcom Corporation - Bluetooth Software Download

Using the Broadcom updater I managed to get a very recent version installed:

Bluetooth (WIDCOMM) driver v.6.2.0.8900 (22/04/2009) for Windows 7

The updater should work with all Broadcom based BT chipsets...

If WIDCOMM v.5.1 worked for you this might too...

netRAT.
Well i'll try that broadcomm later on another build (7201).

It is true the Widcomm 5.1 is an already 2006 dated.

But it doubt my TDK Pc Card II accept the broadcomm chipsets, as it was provided with widcomm CD install.

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Nov 2009   #4

 
 

Hey ,i installed RTM build 7600.It works perfectly,but bluetooth isn't working.
i installed the vista driver (even in compatiblity mode.)but it didnt worked:-( .
Bluetooth icon apppears but neither it gets detected by any device ,nor does it connects to any device.
and the broadcom update app. deoes nt works on the OS.it simply gives error.
I downloaded the newest version of drivers from dell website.Even they are not compatible.

Pls help...

Im using dell 1545 .widcomm wireless 365 module.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2009   #5

 

Have you tried checking in Windows 7 Services that Bluetooth is running and set to Automatic Start?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2009   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Have you tried checking in Windows 7 Services that Bluetooth is running and set to Automatic Start?
how can i check it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2009   #7

 

It's precisely the same as older microsoft OS's... go to start... then run (or search in Windows 7)... type... services.msc then navigate down the list of services to Bluetooth...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2009   #8

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
It's precisely the same as older microsoft OS's... go to start... then run (or search in Windows 7)... type... services.msc then navigate down the list of services to Bluetooth...
For that i will have to restart the system , and i will lose the communication as i working on vista right now.
please instruct me how to proceed of my own after running services.msc.


thnx ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #9

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shikhar623 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
It's precisely the same as older microsoft OS's... go to start... then run (or search in Windows 7)... type... services.msc then navigate down the list of services to Bluetooth...
For that i will have to restart the system , and i will lose the communication as i working on vista right now.
please instruct me how to proceed of my own after running services.msc.


thnx ..
thnx for that answer .
i started the bluetooth sevice and now bluetooth is working .i m able to send and recieve files.
but i am not able to connect via bluetooth modem.
it asks for remote access connection manager service to be running.but this service is not starting from there directly.this remote access connection service requires some other service to be executed .
please help me enabling this service.

thnx.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2009   #10

 
 
Bluetooth modem not working.

The device manager shoes up in this way.(The screenshot of the device manager is attached ).it shows one uninstalled device.pls help.
The nokia one touch acess just shows 'CONNECTING' for long time(without actually connecting)..I m not able to use "use computer as speakers for call and music"feature.
while installing the bluetooth driver.it shows abt 8-9 drivers being successfully configured.eg.bluetooth AV,remote control etc.The "remote access connection manager" service is not running.

Thanks


Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Devices (Widcomm)-blue.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bluetooth Devices (Widcomm)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Bluetooth Devices (Widcomm)
Thread Forum
No Bluetooth devices found Drivers
I can not connect Bluetooth devices. Hardware & Devices
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Stack Software
Heavy Performance and widcomm bluetooth software error General Discussion
widcomm bluetooth Software
Bluetooth devices Hardware & Devices
bluetooth devices is not detected Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33