Hello all,I've got a problem.
Yesterday night,while I was sitting on my laptop,a BSOD appeared and the computer restarted.After the comp restarted,I could reach till the "Windows is Starting page" and then another BSOD and the comp again restarted and so on.
When I went to startup repair,there was no Operating system to repair.It told me to "Load Drivers".
Then I tried using my Windows 7 cd and on startup when I booted it up,at the after the "Custom Install" page where you choose on which partition to install to,and even there,there were no partitions and it told me to "Load mass storage drivers".
I searched around a bit and found out that it is something to do with SATA harddrives and IDE's and Bios's.
Since then I've tried nearly everything but to no avail.
I am not a n00b and I've solved many problems myself but this time I'm at a total loss
I had Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit HP Pavilion dv6-3142se Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
THIS is my laptop,its been just over a month since I bought it.
1) My laptop doesnt have any option in the Bios about SATA and IDE's (hp's newer laptops have stopped giving that option i read somewhere)
2) I checked the Drivers on the hp site and downloaded the chipset (i think it might be useful) and intel storage driver. I even went to the Intel driver site to find something similar.I put all of those on a USB drive and extracted all those that could be extracted.At the install screen when I browsed for the drivers (I put a whole load of them) , and enabled the "Hide those drivers that are not compatible with this hardware" , Even after filtering I got many drivers that could be installed , but when I install them,nothing happens and no partitions appear.
(there are a lot of them like Intel series 5/3400 sata 4 port and PCI bus communications or something and I've tried many but no use).
I tried both the x86 and 64bit drivers.
3) Also there is no way of telling what about the other drivers.Who knows,they all might have been wiped out.
How,i dont know.
4) Also there is a hp disk checker utility that you can use at startup.
When I tried it,after checking (which took quite some time) i was told that my hard drive was fine and SMART check was also fine.
(I think its a confirmation that the harddrive didnt fail,its prob just the drivers)
5) I borrowed XP and Vista Cd's from friends and when booting them,even they do not show any partitions.
But I'll stick with trying to install Windows 7 drivers since the official laptop page only has drivers of Windows 7.
What to do?
I posted all the information that I thought would be useful.
I can also post pictures of each stage if it would be helpful.
And here is my product manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02437425.pdf
(if it helps,i can also tell you which processor etc)
(the hd was a toshiba 500gb)
.....am waiting and desperate T_T
(if i dont make too much sense then I'm sorry,its because I'm a bit hysterical)