Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: iaStorV.sys??


09 Jan 2011   #1

Window Seven Home edition 64 bit
 
 
iaStorV.sys??

I've been having trouble tracking down the driver that updates iaStorV.sys and was hoping someone here could direct me to the right place to download the latest one. I've been under the impression it could be downloaded via Intel matrix storage driver like iastor.sys, but haven't encountered it.

Also, is it true iastorV.sys is supposed to be used for Windows Vista and not Windows 7? I've been BSODing and am trying to find the cause.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jan 2011   #2
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #3

Window Seven Home edition 64 bit
 
 

yes, I believe that is the right description. Is it safe to download from that site?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Jan 2011   #4
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neth View Post
yes, I believe that is the right description. Is it safe to download from that site?
Just like anything on this or any forum, take my advice at your own risk.

That being said, it passed the IE9 scan, MSE scan, and Malwarebytes scan, I think it'll be ok.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #5

Window Seven Home edition 64 bit
 
 

I understand, thanks.

Could someone tell me if the file is actually required alongside iastor.sys or on windows 7 in general?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #6
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Maybe this will help: Intel Matrix Storage Manager: iaStor.sys vs iaStorV.sys


This is from the above site:

Quote:
Conclusion:
  • If you're using the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager to setup your raid array, stick with the more recent iaStorV driver, if you don't want to experience some undesired effect, on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #7

Window Seven Home edition 64 bit
 
 

ahhh, so perhaps having them both is causing the problem. I'll give it a try *crosses fingers*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #8
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neth View Post
ahhh, so perhaps having them both is causing the problem. I'll give it a try *crosses fingers*
Good luck. Let me know how it goes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2011   #9

Window Seven Home edition 64 bit
 
 

Was a no go bud. With iastor deleted I can't even get past the start-up screen. Hopefully taking my comp in will to bestbuy will allow it to get fixed before I have to leave for college!


Edit:: Wow, somehow I was able to fix it by accessing my drivers folder and copying & pasting iastor.sys back into it from my downloads folder through the restore console. Still blue screening when I try to log, but think that's more manageable to fix than not being able to start-up at all =)!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2011   #10

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neth View Post
Was a no go bud. With iastor deleted I can't even get past the start-up screen. Hopefully taking my comp in will to bestbuy will allow it to get fixed before I have to leave for college!


Edit:: Wow, somehow I was able to fix it by accessing my drivers folder and copying & pasting iastor.sys back into it from my downloads folder through the restore console. Still blue screening when I try to log, but think that's more manageable to fix than not being able to start-up at all =)!
iastor.sys is the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver

Boot into safe mode with networking and update it using Intel® Driver Update Utility
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 iaStorV.sys??




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: iaStorV.sys??
Thread Forum
Registry values for msachi and iaStorV "Start" variable General Discussion
Persistent BSOD, iaStorV.sys BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33