I was not able to make this driver
file work. However I did find a workaround to my problem.
These steps did resolve the issue:
1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
2. Click Sevices Tab and then Services Button (Bottom Right)
3. Under Name find "Windows Update"
4. Right click "Windows Update" and select Stop. do not close
5. Open Window Exploper and browse to C:\Windows
6. Delete the Folder "SoftwareDistribution"
7. Go back to Servies, Right click "Windows Update" and select Start
After this, do your usual routine to install the printer, and select "Windows Update" to find driver (it shouldn't fail now), and afterwards, you should be able to find the correct (in this case LaserJet 5si) driver.
I hope this helps.