Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Drivers

21 Feb 2011   #1
Johzen

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Drivers

Hey guys

How do I know which driver I need if its names is Unknown Device, in the Device Manager?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Feb 2011   #2
baarod

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
Hey guys

How do I know which driver I need if its names is Unknown Device, in the Device Manager?
Double click it, select and copy each of the hardware ids from the Details tab and paste into the search box on catalog.update.microsoft.com. You must use Internet Explorer. You may need to trim SUBSYS, REV, CC or VERSION components leaving something like PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #3
Johzen

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
Hey guys

How do I know which driver I need if its names is Unknown Device, in the Device Manager?
Double click it, select and copy each of the hardware ids from the Details tab and paste into the search box on catalog.update.microsoft.com. You must use Internet Explorer. You may need to trim SUBSYS, REV, CC or VERSION components leaving something like PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301.
What if I couldn't find what I am looking for? inside Microsoft Update Catalog?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Feb 2011   #4
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

You can update drivers for your Intel DX58SO2 from here:
Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2 - Overview
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #5
baarod

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
Hey guys

How do I know which driver I need if its names is Unknown Device, in the Device Manager?
Double click it, select and copy each of the hardware ids from the Details tab and paste into the search box on catalog.update.microsoft.com. You must use Internet Explorer. You may need to trim SUBSYS, REV, CC or VERSION components leaving something like PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301.
What if I couldn't find what I am looking for? inside Microsoft Update Catalog?
Then post the string you're searching for here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #6
Johzen

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_05621014

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_05621014

Oh look it's the same >.> It says Video Controller & Video Controller(VGA Compatible)

I already fixed the the other 2 unknown drivers, thank to baarod(+Rep)


PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_055F1014 - I downloaded this, Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

But I don't know how to Update the Driver? I tried browsing it through Device Manager\Update Driver\Install from a list or specific location(Advanced)\Browse to desktop\Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio\

But I am not able to click "Ok"(After Browsing to Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Folder)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #7
Sardonicus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Intel Integrated Graphics Device

You may want to try this first........
Intel® Driver Update Utility
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #8
Johzen

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
You can update drivers for your Intel DX58SO2 from here:
Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2 - Overview
What is Dekop Board DX58SO2?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #9
baarod

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582&SUBSYS_05621014
Trim to PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582 and search again. I'm sorry but it will be bad news. Please see Graphics — Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_055F1014 - I downloaded this, Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio.

But I don't know how to Update the Driver? I tried browsing it through Device Manager\Update Driver\Install from a list or specific location(Advanced)\Browse to desktop\Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio\

But I am not able to click "Ok"(After Browsing to Analog Devices Incorporated - Sound - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Folder)
The file you downloaded is a compressed cabinet file. Double click it and copy the files inside to a new folder. Then browse to that folder using device manager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2011   #10
Sardonicus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johzen View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
You can update drivers for your Intel DX58SO2 from here:
Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2 - Overview
What is Dekop Board DX58SO2?

That's what you listed as your motherboard in your forum specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Drivers




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Should I update my stock Dell Drivers to Intel Drivers.
My Dell XPS L502x is 14 months old (i7, 8GB, 689GB HDD, HM77, Nvidia 540M GT). I have installed all latest drivers for my laptop from Dell website. But those are still more than 6 months old. When I use Intel Driver update utility, it shows new version of drivers available. Even my nvidia control...
Drivers
General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers
Greetings, This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer. Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager (we haven't used Windows Update yet). Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say "3" - devices that do not have drivers installed...
Drivers
Replacing SCSI storage drivers with IDE or SATA drivers
Having issues with RAID0 array being detected by Windows7 Ultimate x64 as SCSI. Apparently these drivers are the 'default' drivers that install when the RAID array is initialized. There is no option at this point to install other drivers instead. Using DeviceManager, there is an option to...
Drivers
Base System Device drivers error - unable to find drivers
Hi there, I have an HP Pavilion DV7 2185dx laptop running a freshly installed windows 7 upgrade from windows Vista. Ever since the upgrade my CPU is constantly running at 98-100% all the time meaning I cannot do anything on my PC. After researching a bit online it could possibly be the driver...
Drivers
display drivers stop responding on ati 5870 10.11 drivers
Hello all! I'll try to explain my problem. Last week I tried to update my ati 5870 drivers with the latest 10.11. I had 10.9 so far so good. My problem is that with these drivers I got this message from windows : display drivers have stop responding and they've been recoveres (or something...
Graphic Cards
NVIDIA drivers - Vista drivers or 7 drivers?
Which version should I use for the NVIDIA drivers, the Vista version or the 7 version?
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App