Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: please help i dont know where to turn


28 Jun 2009   #1

win7
 
 
please help i dont know where to turn

ok so i have strange issue that has carried over to windows 7 from Vista on my DV6500 laptop. basicly what happens is i will be using the laptop or playing a game and the mouse will just all the sudden not allow me to click or select anything. i dont know how it happens and there is nothing different that i do from time to time.

the only way to fix it is just to control alt delete and bring up the task manager. once it goes back to the windows screen it works again.

sometimes only for like 30 seconds and it will start doing it again.

i have upgrade my bios as well as changed the OS 3x and it still has the same issue.

Can anyone please help mE???????


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
mouse issue

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mob4life View Post
ok so i have strange issue that has carried over to windows 7 from Vista on my DV6500 laptop. basicly what happens is i will be using the laptop or playing a game and the mouse will just all the sudden not allow me to click or select anything. i dont know how it happens and there is nothing different that i do from time to time.

the only way to fix it is just to control alt delete and bring up the task manager. once it goes back to the windows screen it works again.

sometimes only for like 30 seconds and it will start doing it again.

i have upgrade my bios as well as changed the OS 3x and it still has the same issue.

Can anyone please help mE???????
Hi and welcome to sevenforums.
Since your mouse issue has carried over from vista to win 7 it can only be a couple of things. But before I can realy be of much help I need to know everthing about your computer.
Who makes it, what model, how much ram, what kind of mouse, What OS, what mouse driver.

We can start from there

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #3

win7
 
 

HP dv6500t
3gb ram
intel core 2 duo t7700
windows 7 evolution copy
hid-compliant mouse 6.1.7100.0
PS/2 Compatible Mouse in port ( same thing happens if wireless mouse is in or not) 6.1.7100.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jun 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
mouse issue

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mob4life View Post
HP dv6500t
3gb ram
intel core 2 duo t7700
windows 7 evolution copy
hid-compliant mouse 6.1.7100.0
PS/2 Compatible Mouse in port ( same thing happens if wireless mouse is in or not) 6.1.7100.0
These seem normal. Next go into event viewer (type event into search) and see if there is any errors associated with these freezes. using the snipping tool (type snip into search) take pictures of the event errors and upload them so we can see them.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #5

win7
 
 

here is a snip. let me know if i need more than this.


Attached Thumbnails
please help i dont know where to turn-error.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #6

win7
 
 

its happened 2x while this convo is going on.... i just walked away for about 3 minutes came back and i was unable to click anything....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
driver prob

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mob4life View Post
its happened 2x while this convo is going on.... i just walked away for about 3 minutes came back and i was unable to click anything....
If it happened while you were not clicking on something (away) i kinda think its not a mouse driver. could you check the event viewer logs again the things we are looking for look like this

Waiting on info

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #8

win7
 
 

ok im not sure if this is correct. i assumed the error would show a bunch of times considering when i tried to play a game online (warcraft 3) it happened every 30 seconds to a minute. very annoying.

hhere is a differenet snip
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #9

win7
 
 

sorry here....


Attached Thumbnails
please help i dont know where to turn-snip2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #10

Windows® 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mob4life View Post
sorry here....
What the troubleshooter is telling you in the screenshot is this may be directly related to a BIOS issue.
So is there a new Bios version available for your computer?

Also, this is just a hunch but I just have a feeling about this...
Since this is a Laptop & games push your graphics processor (GPU) HARD this creates a TON of Heat!!!
So, do you have this on a cooling station?
IF not, I think this is directly related to your graphics processor getting too hot & the reason for the freezes...just a hunch of course.

One more thing...When was the last time you clean out all the dust & dirt out of it if ever...This will also cause overheating issues with a mobile graphics card & your CPU as well if the heatsinks are all clogged up with dust & dirt!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 please help i dont know where to turn




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: please help i dont know where to turn
Thread Forum
Solved Cant turn on network discovery; cant turn on Function .... Network & Sharing
Turn off and turn on iexplorer Browsers & Mail
Help i dont what to do BSOD Help and Support
Now you see em; now you dont Network & Sharing
Monitor turn on by itself after "Turn off the display" starts General Discussion
Icons turn white, then turn back one by one General Discussion
Bing Maps turn-by-turn navigation released for Windows News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33