Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Asus P6T SE Windows 7 64x drivers


29 Jun 2009   #1

Windows Xp 32 bit, Windows 7 next week :P
 
 
Asus P6T SE Windows 7 64x drivers

Hello everyone!
Next week i'm getting new pc with this motherboard Asus P6T SE with i7 920 processor. Asus didn't yet release drivers for Windows 7, that's why i'm wondering if Windows 7 RC 1 will work.

Should I try to install drivers that I got on cd with motherboard or what? And if they won't work? What do I do then?
I heard something about running the installation in Windows Vista compatibility. Can someone explain a bit please? Will it then work if I do that?

I'm really looking forward to have this Windows installed so help is really appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jun 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
win 7 drivers

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pepc619 View Post
Hello everyone!
Next week i'm getting new pc with this motherboard Asus P6T SE with i7 920 processor. Asus didn't yet release drivers for Windows 7, that's why i'm wondering if Windows 7 RC 1 will work.

Should I try to install drivers that I got on cd with motherboard or what? And if they won't work? What do I do then?
I heard something about running the installation in Windows Vista compatibility. Can someone explain a bit please? Will it then work if I do that?

I'm really looking forward to have this Windows installed so help is really appreciated.
Hi and welcome to sevenforums

Wait till you get the computer. See what is installed. If its vista maybe even play with it for a week or so. Vista and win 7 are similar ( like a ford fusion and a mustang). Once you get the hang of it come back and ask by then the Windows 7 RTM will be out and if you are going to install win 7 thats what you want. It comes out around July 13.

In the mean time ask questions the more you know when you get it the better

have fun ask q's

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #3

Windows Xp 32 bit, Windows 7 next week :P
 
 

Actually main reason I want Windows 7 is because of games. It runs games in much better FPS than Vista.
Well when I recieve my PC there will be nothing installed on it. Is your suggestion that I first install Windows Vista 64x SP2 and when Windows 7 RTM comes out (around July 13th) I install Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jun 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
win 7 drivers

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pepc619 View Post
Actually main reason I want Windows 7 is because of games. It runs games in much better FPS than Vista.
Well when I recieve my PC there will be nothing installed on it. Is your suggestion that I first install Windows Vista 64x SP2 and when Windows 7 RTM comes out (around July 13th) I install Windows 7?
Win 7 in general is faster. there are some sporadic issues with video and audio drivers. maybe check with the manufacturer to see if it can run win 7. I hated vista and moved all 5 computers to the first beta of win 7.

How much ram does it have? can it run 64bit win 7? what video is in it? these are the kind of things you eant to know

Hope this helped a bit

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #5

Windows Xp 32 bit, Windows 7 next week :P
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Win 7 in general is faster. there are some sporadic issues with video and audio drivers. maybe check with the manufacturer to see if it can run win 7. I hated vista and moved all 5 computers to the first beta of win 7.

How much ram does it have? can it run 64bit win 7? what video is in it? these are the kind of things you eant to know

Hope this helped a bit

Ken
Eh new computer will be enough to run 5 windows 7s

i7 920 2.66 ghz @ 3.5 ghz (i7 = newest Intel processor family)
Asus P6T SE
TeamGroup 6gb ram 1866 mhz CL=9
Sapphire Radeon 4890 Vapor-X
Western Digital 640gb Black Caviar edition 32mb
800W Mushkin PSU
Casing Cooler Master RC-690
normal DVD/RW
CPU cooler Cooler Master V8


I am thinking about directly jumping to Windows 7 7232 build.
I'm just not sure if drivers for motherboard will work.
If I get the driver CD with motherboard, should I try running it in Vista compatibility mode?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
very nice

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pepc619 View Post
Eh new computer will be enough to run 5 windows 7s

i7 920
Asus P6T SE
TeamGroup 6gb ram 1866 mhz CL=9
Sapphire Radeon 4890 Vapor-X
Western Digital 640gb Black Caviar edition 32mb
800W Mushkin PSU
Casing Cooler Master V8
normal DVD/RW
CPU cooler Cooler Master V8


I am thinking about directly jumping to Windows 7 7232 build.
I'm just not sure if drivers for motherboard will work.
If I get the driver CD with motherboard, should I try running it in Vista compatibility mode?
Yes goto 7232. Do a clean install. that way you dont bring problems along with ya.windows 7 has more drivers than any other initial release and will probably have yours. Down load the file (ISO) from a good source and burn it to a dvd. it would help if you had access to another computer in case you had to ask questons but it goes flawlessly for 99% of ppl.
ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2009   #7

Windows Xp 32 bit, Windows 7 next week :P
 
 

Ok thanks for the info/help!
Just one thing. What did you mean with ''no'' in your last post. What were you replying to in my post?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #8

Windows 7 RC1
 
 

I have more or less the same set up as Pepc619
What i have found was,
Some hardware is not detected eg. LAN. This can be installed from the ASUS disk (the ASus disk will not run so you have explore the folders) this seems to work for all the drivers. What wont work are the utilities, Turbo V etc.
Now heres a way of getting them to work. I installed Vista and loaded all the drivers and utilities. The i performed an UPGRADE to WIN 7 x64. All the software and driver now seem to work...... This also worked for my printer Canon i865 which is not supported in Win 7 (yet)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #9

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
asus

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pepc619 View Post
Ok thanks for the info/help!
Just one thing. What did you mean with ''no'' in your last post. What were you replying to in my post?
Sorry the no was a typo. I have edited it out
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2009   #10

W7
 
 
how did u?

Hi All,
I've essentially the same hw config as Pepc619
i7 920
Asus P6T SE
Corsair 6gb ram 1333MHz (XMS3) XMP
Sapphire Radeon 4890 Vapor-X
Antec Earthwatts 650W
Brand new HW build
have taken mobo to latest bios (today) from asus site but still unable to get box to play with the gfx card! ie using the vaporx no sight of bios/post....
So how did you all get your mobo's to run the Sapphire Radeon 4890 Vapor-X?

I'm currently working off of an old geforce6600 i was able to borrow.
Any help appreciated. the vaporx is confirmed as a good card on resellers test bench with me present!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Asus P6T SE Windows 7 64x drivers




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33