Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Newest nVidia Display Driver problem.

08 Mar 2011   #1
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 
Newest nVidia Display Driver problem.

Greetings everyone, I just updated my display drivers to the latest version, now my resolution is not what it used to be.

Previously, I had my resolution set to 1152 x 864 without any problems. After the update, the same resolution won't fit my screen, it's in the "middle' and not in "full screen".

Is there any fix for this? I need my resolution to be what it used to be, this one is too big and the text is too small. Everything is out of proportion. Gives me headache.

I can revert to the previous version, but I'd prefer having latest updates.

If you need additional information, please ask, thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Mar 2011   #2
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Are you using a CRT or LCD? If you are using an LCD than your LCD native resolution might be different and probably higher than 1152 x 864 and as you've upgraded your driver over the previous one so it has transfered your settings to the new one though newer drivers from NVidia has changed the size of resolutions in order to fit best on most displays with best possible clearity on each resolution. Kindly let us know what Brand of display you have and what is the highest resolution it has?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2011   #3
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

It's a Sceptre (x20wg) LCD monitor with a 1680 x 1050 native/maximum resolution.

I have rolled back to my previous driver and the 1152 x 864 resolution works fine, the update won't allow that resolution to be on full screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Mar 2011   #4
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
It's a Sceptre (x20wg) LCD monitor with a 1680 x 1050 native/maximum resolution.

I have rolled back to my previous driver and the 1152 x 864 resolution works fine, the update won't allow that resolution to be on full screen.
1680x1050 is native so it will give the best result, crisp on your monitor but if your comfortable with your current resolution so that's fine too than
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #5
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
It's a Sceptre (x20wg) LCD monitor with a 1680 x 1050 native/maximum resolution.

I have rolled back to my previous driver and the 1152 x 864 resolution works fine, the update won't allow that resolution to be on full screen.
1680x1050 is native so it will give the best result, crisp on your monitor but if your comfortable with your current resolution so that's fine too than
It's native, yes, but not the best result, everything is too small. The text is tiny and so are the gadgets.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Mar 2011   #6
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
It's a Sceptre (x20wg) LCD monitor with a 1680 x 1050 native/maximum resolution.

I have rolled back to my previous driver and the 1152 x 864 resolution works fine, the update won't allow that resolution to be on full screen.
1680x1050 is native so it will give the best result, crisp on your monitor but if your comfortable with your current resolution so that's fine too than
It's native, yes, but not the best result, everything is too small. The text is tiny and so are the gadgets.
Hmmm that's strange.. As far as i know i checked some LCD's with different native's and ratio's 16:9, 16:10 and there native resolutions adjusted everything perfectly to give the best result even mine does same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Newest nVidia Display Driver problem.




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Pls help~How can i install nvidia display driver??
Can any one pls help me and teach me how to install nvidia display adapter? here's my display adapter...it was so lag and ugly...:cry: My laptop is running 32bit window 7 (pls help me~ and sorry for broken english ><)
Graphic Cards
Display driver stopped & recovered, for NVIDIA
GFORCE 8800 GT all games hasn't any problems but it's about a week all games getting Stop and showing black screen - after some seconds they run again and again stop ! - "assassins creed revelation" , COJ:gunslinger , Bully : scholarship , The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim --- when i minimize them a...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 Nvidia Display driver
Its ready for download at Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies. What are you waiting for? GO!
Drivers
display driver nvidia windows kernel .....
Hello everyone I recently installed windows 7 ultimate and i have some serious issues with it. at first when i installed it, and it booted for the first time into windows i got the BSOD everytime, only way i got passed it was to boot up with driver certification disabled. i was finally able to...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App