Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP Pavillion DV9000

03 Apr 2011   #1

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
HP Pavillion DV9000

Hi,

was wondering if anyone could help me please, i installed windows 7 onto my laptop a while ago and as i don't use my CD-ROM very much i've only recently realised it no longer works, i've had a look under device management and 'coprocessor' has a yellow triangle by it and ! mark ?

I'm really useless when it comes to technology but was wondering if anyone could help me in finding out how to fix this problem please?

i've tried to update driver software but that does not work, and states windows could not find driver software for your device

and underneath properties it states;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

thanks again for any help really appreciate it

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Apr 2011   #2

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi LOu33z,welcome to the forums, download and reinstall the chipset drivers Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English) you may have to install them in compatibility mode for Vista as they are the only drivers supported
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2011   #3

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi LOu33z,welcome to the forums, download and reinstall the chipset drivers Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English) you may have to install them in compatibility mode for Vista as they are the only drivers supported
thankyou the coprocessor now doesnt have the yellow triangle or ! mark, i cant see it at all anymore, but now i don't have any CD ROM registered what so ever on my devices! any help please?

i only have my C and D drives that's it nothing to do with my CD rom at all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Apr 2011   #4

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi LOu33z, Glad we got the coprocessor sorted for you, Is the cd drive listed in device manager? It's quite normal for it not to show in windows explorer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2011   #5

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

LOu33z, have a look here Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media see if this will fix the problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2011   #6

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi LOu33z, Glad we got the coprocessor sorted for you, Is the cd drive listed in device manager? It's quite normal for it not to show in windows explorer
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
LOu33z, have a look here Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media see if this will fix the problem
Hi thank you for getting back to me, the CDrom is not listed in the device manager at all, there isn't even an option to do with CDrom drive in any of the lists on my device manager, i've done the scan from the above link, (thankyou very much btw) and it states;

"windows didnt detect an optical disc drive. It might be disconnected or unplugged. check the drive connection, or plug the drive in."

? any ideas please? thankyou so much for all your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #7

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by L0u33z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi LOu33z, Glad we got the coprocessor sorted for you, Is the cd drive listed in device manager? It's quite normal for it not to show in windows explorer
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
LOu33z, have a look here Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media see if this will fix the problem
Hi thank you for getting back to me, the CDrom is not listed in the device manager at all, there isn't even an option to do with CDrom drive in any of the lists on my device manager, i've done the scan from the above link, (thankyou very much btw) and it states;

"windows didnt detect an optical disc drive. It might be disconnected or unplugged. check the drive connection, or plug the drive in."

? any ideas please? thankyou so much for all your help
LOu33z, Have you tried removing the cd drive from the laptop and reinserting it back in ,I have Known of occasions when drives have come slightly adrift from their socket
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP Pavillion DV9000




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HP Pavillion DV9000
Thread Forum
install win7 on an older HP laptop, dv9000, what is not supported? General Discussion
windows 7 ultimate media player hp dv9000 Music, Pictures & Video
HP dv9000 no display after installing windows 7 General Discussion
DV9000 BSOD during win 7 install BSOD Help and Support
HP DV9000 + Windows 7 = No Sound and No Coprocessor Drivers
HP Pavilion DV9000 General Discussion
HP DV9000, Win7 64 bit, freezes often - event id 41 & 3 BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33