Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Updated Drivers Creates Battery Problem


24 Apr 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Updated Drivers Creates Battery Problem

I updated whatever drivers were available from HP a few days ago. Among some of those drivers was the BIOS. After updating the bios I started receiving a "Consider replacing your battery message" from the task bar. The battery seems to work fine and it seems odd that the battery would go bad right after updating the BIOS.

Its probably about a year + a few months old.

I've read multiple threads about battery issues with laptops running Windows 7 but most are from when it was just released. Soon after bios updates were being released to fix the problem but for me it did the exact opposite.

I've followed this Hp post about the issue to no avail.
https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...name=c01997964

I didn't try going back to the older version but I've done just about everything else. Anyone have any ideas?

Off Topic:
The HP updater said all the drivers were up to date but they were not. Bad program I guess?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Apr 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I would suggest checking the battery with the HP battery checker as per your link, otherwise wait and see what happens. Contacting HP may help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2011   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Apr 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post

hi Carolyn, have u used that software? also that tutorial says about opening ur laptop battery
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richyrichuk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post

hi Carolyn, have u used that software? also that tutorial says about opening ur laptop battery
No I have not, but I have done this:

"If your laptop battery does not have a reset button, then follow these steps:
1. Turn off all of your power saver settings on your laptop. This includes your sleep mode and any auto shut offs.
2. Use your laptop, do whatever you have to do, and run the battery down. Ignore any low battery messages.
3. Your laptop is going to die, so be sure that if you are doing anything mission critical save your work.
4. Plug it in and let it get a full charge without turning it on. Not even once. Not even to check your email really quickly."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post

No I have not, but I have done this:

"If your laptop battery does not have a reset button, then follow these steps:
1. Turn off all of your power saver settings on your laptop. This includes your sleep mode and any auto shut offs.
2. Use your laptop, do whatever you have to do, and run the battery down. Ignore any low battery messages.
3. Your laptop is going to die, so be sure that if you are doing anything mission critical save your work.
4. Plug it in and let it get a full charge without turning it on. Not even once. Not even to check your email really quickly."
also the software thats on there also doesnt seem either to work 100% as (well it doesnt say for vista/7) i have had an issue with my laptop battery to, even with my built in battery calibration from samsung, i still come across the same issue
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #7

Windows 7 pro 64bit. (SP1)
 
 

When talking about BIOS there is good saying "if its not broken do not fix/upgrade it"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit
 
 

yes very much so, but i wouldnt be commenting unless i did have an issue surely?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
I would suggest checking the battery with the HP battery checker as per your link, otherwise wait and see what happens. Contacting HP may help.
Checked it a few times, as directed from the HP site I linked, no success.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
No success.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vaidas3 View Post
When talking about BIOS there is good saying "if its not broken do not fix/upgrade it"
Yep, that generally is the case but I decided to do it anyways.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richyrichuk View Post
yes very much so, but i wouldnt be commenting unless i did have an issue surely?
What hapo?
_____________________________________________________________________
Still looking for a solution if anyone has any idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post


Still looking for a solution if anyone has any idea.
Can you post a screen shot of the message?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Updated Drivers Creates Battery Problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Updated Drivers Creates Battery Problem
Thread Forum
My drivers need to be updated? Graphic Cards
no sound at all, all drivers updated Sound & Audio
Updated Gigabyte mobo with 3TB drivers etc but when Hardware & Devices
Win7 will not start after ATI drivers updated Graphic Cards
Help...Updated drivers still get BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Updated ATI drivers Drivers
Ati updated drivers Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33