Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ATI X1550 OpenGL Problem


12 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 RC1
 
 
ATI X1550 OpenGL Problem

Hi

My VGA is HIS ATI Radeon X1550. I use Microsoft WDDM Radeon X1300/X1550 Driver
My VGA supports OpenGL 2 but the driver defines it as 1.1

Is there any better driver for my VGA ?

Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jul 2009   #2
r2l

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

You should uninstall those and go to HIS website and see what they have in their drivers section. good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64 (Build 7600)
 
 

Try one of those drivers here:
download from Guru3D.com

Where do you get the information from that it is 1.1?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 RC1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by r2l View Post
You should uninstall those and go to HIS website and see what they have in their drivers section. good luck.
Thanks
HIS Drivers are old , about 7 months ago !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 RC1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bansh View Post
Try one of those drivers here:
download from Guru3D.com

Where do you get the information from that it is 1.1?
Thanks
I's try Guru3D, But what is Guru ?

The Dyson game was very slow on new OS.then I used gpu caps viewer to determine the problem and I realized the version of OpenGL is incorrect !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
opengl

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rostamiani View Post
Thanks
I's try Guru3D, But what is Guru ?

The Dyson game was very slow on new OS.then I used gpu caps viewer to determine the problem and I realized the version of OpenGL is incorrect !
openGL support is both hware (what does it support) and software ( the correct driver and correct opengl). You can get a more in depth report on opengl by downloading (free) opengl viewer. It will tell you what is supported and what you have.

Hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 RC1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
openGL support is both hware (what does it support) and software ( the correct driver and correct opengl). You can get a more in depth report on opengl by downloading (free) opengl viewer. It will tell you what is supported and what you have.

Hope this helps

Ken
Thanks a lot
I downloaded OpenGL Extention Viewer.
It seems that a lot of extensions are disabled! What should I do ?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rostamiani View Post
Thanks a lot
I downloaded OpenGL Extention Viewer.
It seems that a lot of extensions are disabled! What should I do ?
OK there is something definately wrong. I dont have experience with a "HIS" graphics card. I assume its an ATI generic clone right?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64 (Build 7600)
 
 

Did you install one of my driver i posted?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2009   #10

Windows 7 RC1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bansh View Post
Did you install one of my driver i posted?
I installed ATI Catalyst 9.6 Vista | 7 32-bit .Installed successfully. but my VGA driver did not changed !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ATI X1550 OpenGL Problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33